• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Upgrade Help Please

dorothyl

I would like to upgrade from minisuite AG to penthouse suite.I have looked at all the pictures.Is there one with 1 seperate bedroom from the living room?

Also all the AE-AB rooms look the same.They are mostly all still available for our sailing Sept 19th.

Should I wait,will the deals get better the closer I get?

HELP!

We recently stayed in an AB suite on the Dawn. When you enter the room, directly to your right was the 2nd bedroom with its own bathroom and a solid door separting it from the rest of the cabin. The space was similar to an inside stateroom. Then there was a doorway that led to the living room area in this area was a couch, 2 sitting chairs, coffe table, and an eating area with a table and 4 chairs, bar area, small frig. The balcony had 2 teak lounge chairs and a table on it. The master bedroom was separated from the living room by pocket doors that were made of etched glass. Not totally see through but not opaque either. The main bedroom and bath area are only seperated by a curtain that can be held open by tie backs. The bed was an actual king size bed not two singles pushed together. the bathroom area featured a seperate little toilet room, a glass shower with multiple body sprays and a window over the ocean, a jacuzzi tub also with window over the ocean and onto the balcony. These windows did have shades you could close.

It was a wonderful room. I would have never known it by NCL's description that it had a 2nd bedroom.

On the NORWEGIAN DAWN, AE...AD...AC are all basically the same. The major differences are the locations. I believe AEs and ADs are at the stern and feature sliding glass doors to the balcony. ACs are at the front and have a swinging door and a picture window to the balcony. There is one main room. The AB is significantly larger.

I think I would prefer the stern.Do the AE-ACs have jacuzzis and concierge and butler service?I have gone site to site and the pictures all differ,Crystaloubear is there a site that shows that actual cabin you were in?

I would like the priority tenders also.It is our anniversary and honeymoon combined.And we have only waited 12 years to go.I want to surprise my husband with an upgrade when we get there.

The AC AD AE penthouse suites do NOT have jacuzzis. They basically have the same bathroom as the mini-suites. The ACs have much larger balconys than the AD and AE cabins, but Ive read some people complain about the wind (due to being on the front) although I encountered NO wind at all (I sailed on the western caribbean itinerary...not the present one) There was concierge service available as well as butler service. Both were wonderful. This level of suite is very nice, but the AB is alot "fancier" with much more room.

I would also like to upgrade from an AF mini to an AB penthouse when the time comes. What do you think is good deal for this upgrade shortly prior to sailing? We are a family of 4. When they offer the upgrade is it the same dollar amt for a child as it is for an adult?

I've been checking the websites to see what is available for our sail date and it shows there are still 6 AB's and one Garden Villa (A1). Is that a lot? We have 3 months left till sailing.

DJ

I would also like to upgrade from an AF mini to an AB penthouse when the time comes. What do you think is good deal for this upgrade shortly prior to sailing? We are a family of 4. When they offer the upgrade is it the same dollar amt for a child as it is for an adult?

I've been checking the websites to see what is available for our sail date and it shows there are still 6 AB's and one Garden Villa (A1). Is that a lot? We have 3 months left till sailing.

DJ

Start checking with the re-accomodations desk just after final payment. I only paid an upgrade fee for the first two in the cabin making the price pp very attractive.

A good deal that is up to you. For me maybe $250 or better pp.

Good luck

We just got back from the Sun. You don't say which ship you are taking, so I don't know if I will be of help. We upgraded to an AD, which did not have a seperate bedroom. My understanding is that AD's were in the front of the boat and AC more likely to the back of the boat. During a sea cruise this might make quite a difference, but with the inside passage, our trip was so calm that it was wonderful having a forward cabin. Also we had a jacuzzi BATHTUB, I don't know if that's what you were referring to or an outside jacuzzi tub which on the Sun, I believe was only in the owners suites.

How do you know what cabins are available? We are on the Sun in a BA cabin and I'm interested in an upgrade. Thanks!;)

Make sure NCL has your email address... I had 2 BA cabins on the Sun (for Aug 8) and a couple of weeks ago they emailed me that there were upgrades available and gave a phone number to call.

I upgraded both cabins to an AB (Sky suite/Romance) and AD (Penthouse) for 250.00pp.

Thanks,I called and they are not doing upsells for at least another week.I was told to call back then.

I checked availability on the suites I am interested in and most of them are still available.With any luck I will be able to get the cabin I want at a reasonable rate.

Shoreguy - can you email me any pics you have of the garden villa? vangoey at yahoo dot com. As for a fair upgrade price, they look at what you originally paid for the first booking. For instance, on the Dawn we got a heckuva deal on an AF (2200.00 total for 2 adults/2 children), so when it was time to upgrade to an AB, they would not accept $250per adult as this was such a steal to begin with. So, we paid 1000.00 more for the AB. So, even at that price, I got the AB at a STEAL!!!! Now, I'm going to book an AB and go for the VILLA next cruise on the Star. Keep aiming up, I suppose!!

Shoreguy - can you email me any pics you have of the garden villa? vangoey at yahoo dot com. As for a fair upgrade price, they look at what you originally paid for the first booking. For instance, on the Dawn we got a heckuva deal on an AF (2200.00 total for 2 adults/2 children), so when it was time to upgrade to an AB, they would not accept $250per adult as this was such a steal to begin with. So, we paid 1000.00 more for the AB. So, even at that price, I got the AB at a STEAL!!!! Now, I'm going to book an AB and go for the VILLA next cruise on the Star. Keep aiming up, I suppose!!

I wish I had pictures of the garden villas! I had a chance in May to spend 3 nights free but had to pass. It was one of the business charters before Mothers Day. I had to send someone else. :(

I will pull together a number of the links to pictures. Start with these:

Dawn Pics 1

More links

Virtual tour

Archived