TA and discounts on royal caribbean prices (merged)

We booked our first cruise with a TA, after I did all the research online. The second cruise we booked while onboard (to get the credit and a great cabin!) and transferred that to the same TA. The other night I booked our third cruise on the phone with RCI, because I was able to get a cabin that didn't show up on the web site or with the TA. Now I have to transfer that one to the TA so I get some perks. Anyone have a thought as to how soon/late to transfer a reservation? Also, has anyone ever transferred from one TA to another? We haven't made final payment yet on either of the next two cruises.

Thanks for the info.

I'd hold onto the RCI reservation as long as possible before final payment in case there are price drops...which is less hassle when you can call RCI direct rather than having to phone the TA and then wait for an answer. However, now is a great time to shop around for a TA who gives OBC or perks you are interested in. Transfer the cruise to your TA before final payment. Good luck and happy cruising!

well the deposit on to my sisters crdit card came in over night. it was much less than we expected. If you remember from my prvious posts, we are to recieve a refund for a senior rate that is $400.00 per cabin less according to what I found on the RC site. The deposit would be RC portion of it less the Travel Agencies portion. but The amount was for only $168.50. That is approx. what we figured it would be per person. sister called the agency but our agent isn't in yet. We were expecting approx $350.00. I put an email in to Crown and anchor on Sunday afternoon but have gotten no response yet. Do you think if I called they would help? or is it a case of them telling me our agent will have to handle it all. We have decided we will not book a bus trip with this agent ever. Let alone a big trip.

I never discount. It's not allowed, period!. When RCL's policy went into effect, TA's were told that the cruiseline would be calling TA's to make sure that the rates they quoted were correct. Instead of discounting, I just make sure that my clients pay the least that they can. That means checking the prices on their bookings each and every day. I also check the promowaves as most people that book on their own do. TA's also have the ability to look at a specific sailing for any discount that is not published.

So the folks that believe they can go it alone and get the best deal in the long run, more power to ya.

Parrothead, don't know why it was pulled. Did you get to read my reply? No we are not DP members, but it was a special in our local newspapers good for 2 days only by our TA, full page ad, where the cruise was given to the first 35 bookings and we made it!

Archived