Carnival Victory..Dec31-Jan7

JudannS67

Just got back from our first cruise and had a wonderful time! Thanks to all of the posts and suggestions everything went without a glitch. The family all want to do it again next year! happy New Year!:)

Do tell all about your cruise! The Victory is my next ship...I want to know all about her. I want to know what cabin you were in ( I have 6463, an AFT cabin booked!) I want to know about your ports too!:)

It was our first cruise ever so we were a little nervous about taking a 7-day cruise. No worries though, it was heaven! We were in cabin 7429 which was really nice. Pretty roomy with a whirlpool tub and a balcony. Definately worth the extra. My husband was still getting over a bad bout of pneumonia and spent quite a bit of time in the room the first couple of days.

I thought the decor of the ship would be overwhelming with all the greens, but it was absolutely beautiful! The food was very delicious (especially since I didn't have to cook;) ) We all loved the hot chocolate melting cake....mmmmmm. And the pizza was very good too. Of course, we all managed to save room for ice cream! My husband also enjoyed the rueban sandwich from the deli. Needless to say, I could go on and on about the food and still have more to say:) . I will say one more thing about it though, I tried some food that I normally wouldn't try and enjoyed that too!

The shows were okay, nothing too exciting. I went to watch the comedian Fat Cat one night, but personally I thought the Cruise director Jorge was more entertaining.

My oldest son (15) had a blast with Club 02 and met lots of new friends. We only saw him at breakfast, dinner and the port days, other than that, he was always on the go. My youngest son (13) didn't have the same luck. I think a lot of it had to do with the age. The age group for him was 12 -14 and he said the 13 and 14 year olds really didn't want to have much to do with the organized stuff and went on their own. So needless to say, he spent a little more time with us. He did try to join in with them a couple of times, but said the stuff was kind of boring or geared more towards the younger kids.

We didn't go on any exursions in Costa Maya, mainly because my husband really wasn't up to it, but we did go onshore and spent time in the port area. It was very pretty and we did some shopping around.

In Grand Cayman we booked an exursion to Sting Ray City, Hell, and the turtle farm. That was a lot of fun. My youngest son and I held a stingray! What an experience! Hell was unusual but we had fun sending off a couple of postcards from there!

Jamaica was gorgeous! We didn't book anything from the ship, so when we got on shore we went with one of the local drivers. Very good. As a matter of fact as soon as I've unpacked I will post the name of the company. The guides name was Melvin and we found out later that it was a highly recommended company and the price was definately right. $15 per person and they took you all over the place. We also did the white water tubing...it was fantastic!

All in all the trip was great. The wait staff was wonderful, the cute little towel animals were adorable and it was so relaxing to be able to leave your room and come back to a clean made up room and a turned down bed with a chocolate waiting at bedtime.

It was nice seeing my husband's recovery so apparent each day we were away. He had a nice combination of sleep, relaxing on the balcony and eating!

I hope you have as wonderful trip as we did. We are planning to book again for next year to Eastern Carrabean. And seven days was the perfect time, anything less would have been way to little!

• 1 year later...

Archived