no iron? - how do you "unwrinkle" your clothes?

poolgirl3

Ist cruise coming up on the Wonder. It is my understanding that there is no iron in the cabins. Which I understand - it makes sense.

How do you unwrinkle your clothing from being packed? Is a portable steamer allowed? Febreeze I've heard works well but is that true?

• 7 months later...

Pack your clothes in dry cleaner bags. Hang your clothes on wire hangers & then cover with a dry cleaner plastic bag. (I bought bags for .10 cents each at our local dry cleaner). You can cover 3-4 outfits at once.

Then lay your clothes in the suitcase & fold over to fit inside.

We did this on our cruise last month & nothing (even my fancy dress & hubby's suits) needing pressing.

I learned this tip off someone from cc a few months ago.

Also I read on here to hang your clothes in the bathroom & turn the shower on high & the steam will take out the wrinkles.

This is my fave method! As a crew mmber I done this a whole lot. If you use the tub to do this, put a little softner in the tub - it makes your clothes smell good too!

You can bring travel irons, does someone in your family have one? I also have a portable steamer, its really small, you could use that! They seel them cheap!

DCL doesn't allow irons in guest staterooms. Probably because they tend to be hard on the furniture.

Most lines including HAL do not allow travel irons although you can take them onboard. Another thread on wrinkling recently had a post where the individual takes a couple ounces of fabric softener in an empty spray bottle. When on the ship they mix the fabric softener with water and that works too.

Archived