Another booze on board question :)

Dee79

I love seeing posts from people knocking those who bring their own booze aboard. For one, depending on the ship as I understand it.. It's allowed. On my ship (Miracle) it is allowed. This is per the TA from Carnival and my own TA. We're not big drinkers, but we definitely will be bringing a few bottles of wine with us. Because it will be our anniversary and my birthday. Our plan is to put it in our carry on... I'm taking others advice and will bubble wrap the hell out of the bottles.

Question- Do the checkers actually open all the bags up and look inside? This is my first cruise.. So please let me know.

A limited amount of wine is ok.

Hard liquor and beer are not!

If it was allowed why would you have to "smuggle" it?

If it was allowed you could carry it on in the open, wouldn't you?

Just go to the liquor store or package store nearest to the ship and load up.

No muss, no fuss right.

And for the record here is CCL's statement per thier website!

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Ports-of-Call

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be confiscated at the gangway, stored on board and retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Ship Gift Shops

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

True about the smuggling part.. Luckily I'm near the Port.. Well not near, no flight needed!! I was only curious about the checking of bags, because we are hoping to put a lock on them. This is our first time (getting a small group together) and my DH is a safety freak. He's over cautious about anything getting stolen. :P

One of our group is planning on bringing a 12 pack of BUD. Our TA says all luggage gets examined. It sounds like a lot of people have been successful in getting their beer on board. Is my TA accurate and can we assume it will be confiscated or is it worth a try for my friend?

One of our group is planning on bringing a 12 pack of BUD. Our TA says all luggage gets examined. It sounds like a lot of people have been successful in getting their beer on board. Is my TA accurate and can we assume it will be confiscated or is it worth a try for my friend?

Your friend would be violating their cruise contract. Take it from there.

They would need to put the Bud in a checked suitcase and lock it (which Carnival suggests you do anyway, the porters are not Carnival employees). They cannot put it in their carry-on luggage, that does get checked and/or xrayed.

i've brought liquor on every cruise, in my checked luggage. never been caught.

on the europe and transatlantic they let us carry-on everything.

you know how they allow you to take your liquor from the store on the last night? well, they don't track who's doing back-to-back cruises. i was well stocked for the transatlantic, and actually had a negative balance S&S bill. sweet.

Slam it in a checked bag, do not try and carry it on, before you know it, you will be sipping a cold one on board!!!

I love seeing posts from people knocking those who bring their own booze aboard.

Then you oughta like my post.

You suffering from poverty? Alcoholism denial?

Unless you were planning a special occassion, why would you even want to go to the trouble of packing bottles so that the trained apes in TSA don't break them while searching for stuff they don't even know they're looking for?

They've got a gym in case you desperately need to lift weights. Your bartender Isaac lives on tips. Don't blow him off.

I love seeing posts from people knocking those who bring their own booze aboard.

Then you oughta like my post.

You suffering from poverty? Alcoholism denial?

Unless you were planning a special occassion, why would you even want to go to the trouble of packing bottles so that the trained apes in TSA don't break them while searching for stuff they don't even know they're looking for?

They've got a gym in case you desperately need to lift weights. Your bartender Isaac lives on tips. Don't blow him off.

Bringing your on onboard is just a way of holding down cost and having money for other activities on the cruise and in port. I doubt the smuggled on booze is even a burp in the alcohol sales on a cruise. I brought 4 pints of rum on my last cruise and still had quite a nice bar tab. Smuggled on booze dont cost anyone on the ship anything. You would just drink less if you had to buy it all.

It is still against the rules of your cruise contract.

But as usual around here there are rules that can be broken and those that can not!

Sad!

Why is it so sad? Why do you even care?

You don't believe in it, don't do it. Nobody expects you to be their moral compass though.

We have always carried on beer and soft drinks in our carry on and have never had it taken.....Dennis

Dennis when we were on the MSC Opera you could buy liquor in the on board

duty free store for use in the cabin, were you able to do that on the Lirica?

I also have seen where CCL does that on some of the sister lines.

Hugh

I am a first time cruiser who would really like to bring a bottle or two of booze on board which I am reading is best accomplished in a locked checked bag. We are not flying, but rather driving to LA for our cruise. Are we still going to be checking bags since we are not flying or do we have to carry all our bags on when we arrive at the docks?

Worth the try. Probably 90% or more are successful

Worth the try. Probably 90% or more are successful:D

So the best way is to pack it in a suitcase and lock it and check it with the porters at the dock? My husband only drinks MGD so I thought I would try to bring some for him.

What is the legal limit for soda and bottled water?

First time cruiser...I appreciate the tips!

Archived