Noisy NOLA

alcpa1

We just got back from the BIG EASY and Harrah's has started its hotel. The pile drivers could be heard from blocks away. That includes the Hilton, Weston, Doubletree, Wynfrey. If you are booked in a hotel within three blocks of the pier you may be subjected to lots of day time noise. Just thought you would like to know. It's still a terrific city.

Yes, NOLA is known for its noise and 24 hr. party, conventions and activities. This is good reason to stay further out in the business or garden districts. There are so many great hotels to pick form and fabulous restaurants to try.

Bon Voyage

• 2 weeks later...

The construction is not close enough to Julia for you to have a problem. We went to quite a few art galleries on Julia - it is the center of the art district- and we did not hear the construction noises. You should be fine.

New Orleans may be a noisy city in general but the noise of the pile driving was horrendous. I would not be a happy camper at the Hilton (old section facing the city), the Doubletree, or the Wyndham. I know there are some other hotels close by but I can't remember what they are. The construction is on Gravier between Fulton and S. Peters. It is behind Harrah's parking deck.

Archived