Dawn's Balcony Suites

Throwing a question out for all those 'in the know'.

I notice on the Dawn's deck plans that there are no balcony suites to accommodate 4 pax. I also noticed someone on these boards said they are adding 500 more berths to her....does that mean they may squeeze another berth into some of the balcony suites? Even a rollaway will do!(Here's hoping...:) )

Cheers

According to the deckplans, only the Suites and Mini-Suites will have a 3rd berth available, which I assume will be a rollaway bed.

On the American Ships, the 3rd/4th beds are in fact a sofa bed, with only a handful being bunks (with the exception of Princess, who don't have sofas.)

The extra 500 berths are coming from the Installation of Upper berths in the 'Standard' cabins.

I guess they think that the balconies only interest 'older' couples, and not the average person.

I know that on the American cruise ships that they do indeed have 3 or 4 people in the balcony staterooms, but unlike here, most of the cabins are twin share, hence the installation of the 500 extra berths.

Maybe if there is enough people wanting balconies with 3rd/4th berths, they may install some extra beds. Then again, there would be another 100 extra people on the ship with the extra berths.

Sorry... I know it doesn't make much sense, but I'm a bit brain dead at the moment.

I think we'll have to wait for the next generation (whatever replaces Sun and Star) before we see the 4 berth balcony cabins. Princess' Sun class ships offer 4 berth balcony cabins and given they are around 77,000T you would assume (hope!!!) that they are the source of the next generation of ships for P&O Australia.

Archived