Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mhshapiro

Pictures from our British Isles Cruise on Symphony

I've finally posted pictures from our recent cruise around the British Isles on Symphony.

The link is:

http://community.webshots.com/user/mhshapiro

Just double click on the album (it's at the top of the page) to see them.

In addition to pictures taken on the tours, I've also included several pictures taken on the ship.

Dear Judith,

My wife has booked on the Ft. Lauderdale to Buenos Aries cruise on Symphony this fall. Unfortunately I will be teaching during the fall semester, so she will be traveling solo on that one.

Then, we have booked the first leg of the world cruise on Serenity for January 15th (Los Angeles to Papeete, Tahiti). I'm looking forward to that one for two reasons. One, it has lots of sea days, which we both enjoy. And, two we live less than an hour away from the Los Angeles port area so there will be no hassle getting to the ship.

This will be our first trip on Serenity.

Mark, I really enjoyed your pictures. I recognize you now, sorry we didn't meet. Hope you enjoy your next cruise, wish we could plan our next one soon. Nancy

Once you find out where the various public rooms are, you will enjoy the Serenity. The staterooms and bathrooms are a bit larger, the Bistro and the Palm Court are definitely larger, and the Stardust Lounge is more intimate. The sight lines in the Galaxy Lounge are better also.

I understand what you are saying about going out of a port near home. We are about 25 minutes above Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale), and I check each year to see what Crystal cruises are leaving or returning here. It is so much nicer not to have to fly for 8-10 hours to get to a port. But alas, most of the time we have to fly.

Thanks for the information on Serenity. One of the things that I really enjoy on sea days is the opportunity to get in a few games of paddle tennis each afternoon, as well as to use the other exercise facilities. I noticed that Serenity has two courts, which should make it easier to burn those extra calories.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I was on the British Isles cruise last year and it brought back great memories of the cruise. Glad you enjoyed the cruise.

Keith

It's funny becuase I was on your cruise and I'm in one of those pictueres!

My husband and I also live in Fullerton and are avid Crystal cruisers. Our next one is thru the canal in Dec. on the Serenity, then the British Isles next Aug. on the Symphony. Maybe we should get together sometime and compare notes?

We have sailed through the canal twice on Crystal ships. The first was a cruise on Harmony from Acapulco to New Orleans in 2000. A couple of years later we cruised from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale on Symphony. Both were excellent trips.

If you go to my Webshots page:

http://community.webshots.com/user/mhshapiro

and scroll down, you can find some pix from the 2000 cruise.

The Serenity cruise through the canal should be great. Let's chat....