Parking near Boston pier

TedC

We have booked the Maasdam RT out of Boston in July 2005 and are considering driving to Boston instead of flying.

Who can tell us if there is parking at or near the pier and about how much it would cost by the week or month?

Thank you

I live in Boston. Not sure if there is weekly/monthly parking available at the pier, but I do know that parking in Boston is extremely expensive and limited. Hate to discourage you, but I almost always advise people not to drive in Boston. Rarely worth the hassle!

Ted, we drove to Boston and parked at the pier and it was great. The parking deck is right at the Black Falcon Terminal, DH dropped me and the luggage off at the door, parked, and was back in just a few minutes. No problems at all on the disembarking end of the cruise either. There is much more room for unloading and loading luggage/passengers than in FLL and much less confusion.

It is $12/day and you pay when you enter, not when you leave.

Check out http://www.massport.com/ports/cruis.html. Very nice site with all the info and directions you will need.

There appears to be plenty of spaces to accomodate parking for the number of ships that sail from Boston on Saturdays and Sundays. All but the top level of the lot is covered and it very convenient to the terminal. In the event of overflow, there is another garage nearby to which you would be directed in the event you could not park right at Black Falcon.

We have been invited to various events through the years aboard HAL ships when they are in Boston and we always park in the Black Falcon Lot and have never had any difficulty at all.

We had a wonderful time on Maasdam when she was new from Fiancantieri and had made her first crossing. She stopped in Boston for Inaugural events and we had a terrific time on what has become "MY" Maasdam.....a very favorite ship.

The many times we have sailed from Boston or been invited to the Inaugural events of the new HAL ships, including overnight sailings on the Maasdam and Amsterdam, we have never had a problem with the parking. Always found plenty of space in the parking garage at a reasonable cost. It used to be $10.00, but as Peaches said it has gone up to $12.00 per day. I would use the website that Peaches gave you for information.

Thank you all for the responses. We have driven in Boston before and are well aware of the "challenges."

Despite the traffic and "creative" parking, all the history that is unique to Boston makes a visit there worth it - especially when it's a prelude to a wonderful cruise!

Thanks again for all your help.

Archived