Embarkation upgrade clarification?

jetfixer03

Most cruises, we have been seeing a sign that says......ship is full; no cabins available. Do not count on being able to buy an upgrade when you get to the ship. You might get lucky but if you really want a higher category than you have booked, you may wish to upgrade now.

:)

Nearly every cruise line, if they have cabins available about 2 weeks or less before a cruise will try to sell those cabins before the sail date either by having last minute deals in the city of embarkation, or contact of the ship brokers to unload the last cabins.

Very few ships want to have a lot of empty cabins on sail date.

So like the others said, if you are interested in another category, book it now.

:)

My emperience.....

One time our TA got us a last minute upgrade and we were told to notify them at the dock to get the upgrade.

There was a long line at the front desk (one hour wait) and they did not know anything about it. Could not help us. They told us to check back later. Went to cabin where wine stewart asked us what we were doing there?? He said we had been upgraded to cabin ... And then it started....

To make a along story short it took until 10pm that night to get myself, my wife, and our luggage in the same cabin at the same time. Our day was waster, we were frustrated, and the cruise started on a sour note.

My advise is to chage now or stay where you are.

We always book the cabin we want to be in on the original booking and we have no problems....

Jim & Ruth

JVrhovac@aol.com

Archived