Pacific Princess / Mystery Island

Kiwi Kruzer

Hi we were on that cruise - it was a glorious day. Was a bit disappointed in the swimming there though. My husband slipped on the rocks and hurt his wrist so didn't end up going in the water. I managed to get in ok but the fish weren't nearly as good as I had hoped there. Never mind - it was a lovely place to sit under a palm tree and watch the world go by :D Mummsie

Hi David, Thanks for sharing your PP pics. I have been checking cams too as I'll miss Pacific Princess. Hope to sail on PP in Alaska one day. Hi Mummsie, hope you had a great cruise - thought about you being onboard and dancing the night away;)

Cheers, Yvonne

hi Yvonne, Yes we had a great time. The bands were great and they played our requests. We pretty much had the floor to ourselves most nights so it was good. They even played a couple of tangos for us :D. It will be interesting to see how the PP goes in Alaska. The open decks on her will be interesting when its raining as it often does there. There is not much covered public areas on her for viewing the fiords. Mummsie :rolleyes:

Hi David

Love that picture. Sailing on PP mid February and hope it will be just as calm then!

Vera,

I hope I am not too late to wish you happy cruising and I hope that you have a wonderful trip on the P.P. Please let me know how you enjoyed it on your return. ;)

Jennie

I spoke to an interesting bloke on my most revent cruise (just finished). He was on his 250+ cruise, and had spent many a time at Mystery Island. Apparently the current and tides are strong there, and the bottom does not hold an anchor well which is why the ship always drops both port and starboard anchors. There have been occasions where they simply couldn't grab the bottom and had to continue onwards without disembarking.

Archived