• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Windjammer pajamas??? (Merged)

Ok forgive me if this sounds crazy but... can you go in appropriate pajamas/robe to the windjammer for breakfast???

New to cruising and just curious I love wearing pj bottoms and tshirts!

I suppose you could if you wanted to, but would you go to a restaurant in your PJs at home?;)

I personally dont have a problem with it, have actually done it. All depends on what you define as PJ's i guess. I wear pajama bottoms and a t-shirt, dont see a problem with it. However, if your talking about some sort of tight lacey night gownie type deal, your probably gonna get a few stares :p

Ok forgive me if this sounds crazy but... can you go in appropriate pajamas/robe to the windjammer for breakfast???

An oxymoron.

No, pajamas are NOT appropriate clothing for a public restaurant.

What, are you all insane???????????

:eek:

An oxymoron.

CAROL!!!

Yes, but you should've already figured that out by now!;) :D

You will not see me wearing my pajamas out in public. I agree that if you want breakfast in your pjs, order room service!

I also agree that if you want to eat breakfast in your pjs that you should order room service. I think you should always dress for the occasion, whether that is breakfast in the Windjammer or formal night in the DR. If you can't be bothered, then don't show up.

I would never in a million years go to the Windjammer in my pyjamas!:eek: I'm sure it would turn everyone off of their meal! I feel embarrassed enough grabbing a coffee in there after my workout. It is a public place - not your own kitchen!;)

If that's what you feel comfortable in I say go for it. I personally would feel quite silly wearing them and if I saw someone in jammies I would wonder why they would leave their cabin dressed like that. I don't recall ever seeing someone in jammies but then again I'm not looking either, just loading up my plate. I'd rather put on my bathing suit and wear a comfortable cover up. ;)

We were on a cruise during spring break two years ago and there were kids who wore their pj pants and tank tops. My 13year old is a competitive swimmer and warmups for prelims is always around 7am so whave to go to breakfast at hotels really early. ALL the swimmers wear their PJ's down to breakfast so to me its not that absurd of a comment. Its TOTALLY not something MY generation does though.:eek:

An oxymoron.

No..........just half dressed:)

Seriously in 12 cruises I have never seen anyone in the Windjammer in pajamas.........I HAVE seen people outside the Windjammer in Pajama's at the coffee station or sitting outsided in robes by the pool with coffee.......but never inside.......

Seriously in 12 cruises I have never seen anyone in the Windjammer in pajamas.........I HAVE seen people outside the Windjammer in Pajama's at the coffee station or sitting outsided in robes by the pool with coffee.......but never inside.......

Haven't seen pj's but I have seen an older couple sitting in their robes and slippers at breakfast in the Windjammer. DH and I sat near them and watched the double-takes from people walking by. They didn't seem the type to want to draw attention to themselves, but that's what happened.

Haven't seen pj's but I have seen an older couple sitting in their robes and slippers at breakfast in the Windjammer. DH and I sat near them and watched the double-takes from people walking by. They didn't seem the type to want to draw attention to themselves, but that's what happened.

That must have made your bacon and eggs taste REAL special:D

Most young people now wear pajama bottoms with a tee shirt as a style. They go out to the movies, mall, and restaurants just like it was clothes. Do I agree with it. Does not matter the poster asked a question and does not want the snide comments. To the poster, you should do what is comfortable to you. Not what is comfortable to the others on this board. Why don't you go the first day check it out, and if you want for the rest of the cruise and feel like it then do it. Just a question though. How old are you? I am expecting you to be in your twenties of teens.

Most young people now wear pajama bottoms with a tee shirt as a style. They go out to the movies, mall, and restaurants just like it was clothes. Do I agree with it. Does not matter the poster asked a question and does not want the snide comments. To the poster, you should do what is comfortable to you. Not what is comfortable to the others on this board. Why don't you go the first day check it out, and if you want for the rest of the cruise and feel like it then do it. Just a question though. How old are you? I am expecting you to be in your twenties of teens.

Teens wear them to school - although many schools ban PJ bottoms. If you're 15 and are wearing them as casual pants with a tee...well them fine.

If you're grown - then the answer is NO. The windjammer is a public place. Would you go out without brushing your teeth? Then get out of your pajamas!:eek:

I have to agree that pajamas are not appropriate attire even if it is only the WINDJAMMER, it is still a public place where people are trying to eat.

On our last cruise I was absolutely appalled to see a well endowed woman (not a teenager) walking around in slippers and her WORN-OUT pajama top and bottoms, minus a bra. Let's just say, it wasn't a pretty sight and actually made me lose my appetite.

As my mother always told me...Have some class!

I have seen it done.

If you try and get into the Windjammer in your bathing suit, they will turn you away. If your "cover-up" doesn't cover much, they will turn you away.

I would imagine if your PJ's look too much like bedwear, they will turn you away, also.

Just get dressed!

Archived