Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polar Bear

Need facts about Carnival Valor

We are looking at the aft cabins on the Valor....would like to hear from folks that have sailed on her and if they booked an aft cabin...the cabins the we are looking at are on deck 9 #6452 they are in the corner. We have not sailed on Carnival in years....but this ship has the itinerary that we are looking for. And just basic's on what she is like ..crew wise ...etc.Thanks for the help.

I sailed the Valor in the fall with my fiancee and some friends and we've decided to sail her back to back for our honeymoon this year.

I was very happy with our dining room staff with the exception of the cocktail waitress who was a nasty little thing. About halfway through the cruise we politely asked our waiters if they could get our drinks from the bar and ask that woman to stop coming to our table - which wasn't a problem. She was the only unpleasant staff member we encountered the whole trip and all in all it really wasn't a big deal :)

Our stateroom attendants were great. The only times we saw them was when we first boarded and wanted our balcony divider open and when we called them for something like ice or water for my hungover FI :)

We didn't see too many of the shows, but the ones we caught were good...particularly the comedian.

We were booked in cabin 8201, which is the farthest forward on the verandah deck. This time we'll be in an aft balcony (8452) on the verandah deck. I'm really excited about it since I've heard so many great things about aft balconies :) But honestly, we'd be happy anywhere so long as we're cruising!

Come to think of it, I don't think cabin #6452 is on deck 9. Unless you meant 9452 :rolleyes:

We sailed the Valor four weeks ago. The crew was fabulous! We had the best cabin steward we've had on any of our cruises. Our dining room waiter and assistant also did a great job. Any time you ran into a crew member in the passage way or on deck, they smiled and greeted you. Didn't matter what their position was, if they knew you or not, anything. Always smiled and greeted you. The entertainment staff did a great job. We really don't pay much attention to cruise directors, he seemed to do fine. Many people aren't crazy about the CD we had, but he's retiring soon and probably won't be on your sailing any way. The rest of his staff did great.

If you're wondering about the crew on the Valor, I don't think you have anything to worry about. They were top-notch in our opinions.

Cabin 6452 on Conquest class ships are great. The balcony is awesome. Grab it if you can. Friends just had that cabin on Conquest & I had 6450 next door with the extended balcony. We had the dividers opened & had a HUGE balcony.

Been a couple of years since I was on Valor but a very nice ship. First female waiter for me & she was great. Gabriellla was her name. She & her husband both worked on the ship. Excellent female cabin steward too.

6442 on the Valor is very noisy - one of the clubs is right underneath. We could feel the vibrations from their speakers while in bed at night.

We sailed the Valor four weeks ago. The crew was fabulous! We had the best cabin steward we've had on any of our cruises. Our dining room waiter and assistant also did a great job. Any time you ran into a crew member in the passage way or on deck, they smiled and greeted you. Didn't matter what their position was, if they knew you or not, anything. Always smiled and greeted you. The entertainment staff did a great job. We really don't pay much attention to cruise directors, he seemed to do fine. Many people aren't crazy about the CD we had, but he's retiring soon and probably won't be on your sailing any way. The rest of his staff did great.

If you're wondering about the crew on the Valor, I don't think you have anything to worry about. They were top-notch in our opinions.

Pretty much what Rico said, to a tee -- though we weren't that crazy about our dining room waiter and assistant -- they were both new, and really were not doing the job for us -- but that didn't stop us from completely enjoying the cruise. :)

I'm going on the Carnival Valor in 65 more days.....finally it's getting close...we booked 390 days prior. DH and I have booked 8448 corner wrap. I have heard alot of pros and cons on this stateroom but are not going to worry.....LOL...I think it was Mafiadon (sp) that helped me to decide to book this stateroom. I think what most people said that we might hear alot of scraping chairs from the aft lido deck pool area. This is really not a concern with us....I will take scraping chairs over snow anyday...LOL!

bubbles1209....thanks for the weblink for the photos too

Hello again MonaCK....are you ready to book your next cruise and what did you tell your Mother about Carnival? I forgot to ask because I know that you mentioned that she was not fond of Carnival.

Donna

We are looking at the aft cabins on the Valor....would like to hear from folks that have sailed on her and if they booked an aft cabin...the cabins the we are looking at are on deck 9 #6452 they are in the corner. We have not sailed on Carnival in years....but this ship has the itinerary that we are looking for. And just basic's on what she is like ..crew wise ...etc.Thanks for the help.
Actually cabin #6452 is on deck 6 (the Upper deck). We stayed in a cabin close to that one last June and had a great cruise and we had absolutely no complaints about the ship or crew.

We were in #6442 and these are located over the Eagles lounge, but the noise was not enough to really bother us at all, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that, or any other aft cabin, on deck 6 again.

John

Hello again MonaCK....are you ready to book your next cruise and what did you tell your Mother about Carnival? I forgot to ask because I know that you mentioned that she was not fond of Carnival.

Donna

We are actively seeking what our next cruise is going to be. We might do one out of NY -- on the Miracle -- next spring with this doo-wop group we were with this time around. We are also trying to plan a cruise with a group of friends from the cabaret group that we're involved with.

I gave my mom glowing reviews. She was happy to hear things had changed so much. :)

I will say this is the first time that I've hung around the cruise boards AFTER getting back from the cruise. It both helps and hinders my desire to go on another. ;)

I'm going on the Carnival Valor in 65 more days.....finally it's getting close...we booked 390 days prior. DH and I have booked 8448 corner wrap.

I was just in cabin 8448 on the Valor, it is not the largest corner aft i have ever been in and we did here noise just about 24 hours a day coming from the deck above (i didn't think there was that many chair on the ship that could be dragged around all night)

But the balcony is nice, i think next time we will book an aft cabin on deck 7.

Actually cabin #6452 is on deck 6 (the Upper deck). We stayed in a cabin close to that one last June and had a great cruise and we had absolutely no complaints about the ship or crew.

We were in #6442 and these are located over the Eagles lounge, but the noise was not enough to really bother us at all, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that, or any other aft cabin, on deck 6 again.

John

ops my mistake.:o ...when I was reading the print out that I have it states: 9A. Balcony Stateroom, 6452... I was not looknig at the deck plans, thanks

Would we recommend going to #7440 on Deck 7? It looks to be just above 6452.

Again thak you everyone fro your replies.....It seems Carnival maybe getting us back for this intinerary. Time to start planning

We were in 6426 recently and it was LOUD. It was directly over Paris Hot. Avoid that cabin and all around it. Loved the ship, loved the itinerary, had a gret time but did not enjoy from 11 PM to 1 AM in our cabin (and we had 2 kids with us).