laundry and ironing?

smj

Don't know if you're on Regatta or Insignia. I just came back from the Regatta. There were (I think) 5 washers and 5 dryers, although a couple of what I thought were washers actually turned out to be dryers!! Anyway, one machine was out of service. There are two irons and boards. I did wash about 3 days into the cruise around 6 or 7 at night and there was no wait. However, someone came right after me and had to wait a bit. I suspect that if you went at less common times, you'd find things a little less busy.

Jan's right - those machines ARE quiet! People were doing laundry after the posted hours and you couldn't hear anything through that door. You're not supposed to do laundry after 10 pm in order to avoid bothering the guests in the adjacent cabins (#7068 and #7071), but I checked with the front desk and they said nobody had complained about the late night launderers. Thank heavens for heavy sleepers!

Also, the washing machines aren't entirely automated. You need to manually push the detergent dispenser button after inserting your coins. Otherwise, your clothes will come out smelling like wet laundry.

Richard

P.S. Roothy - I like your taste in icons!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

From the Insignia's Inaugural sailing (4/3/2004)

Today I emailed Ms Diane Salazar (DSalazar@ OceaniaCruises.com) at Customer Services at Oceania and asked if the laundry machines on Insignia will be repaired before we leave for our June 26 cruise. Within hours, I received her welcome and efficient response. Here is her reply, which she has given me

permission to quote here:

"I received your e-mail regarding the washers and dryers on the Insignia ship and I forwarded your message to our Senior Vice

President of Passenger Services. He looked into this issue immediately and was confirmed by our Senior Vice President of Hotel Operations that the Insignia has four washers and four dryers that are fully operational.

Thank you, for bringing this to my attention."

I, for one, am happy I won't have to pack an extra suitcaseful of underwear, sox, etc. At least, I hope they stay fixed for a few more weeks.

And, I did appreciate such prompt customer service!

Jeannette

Archived