NCL Pearl - June 3. Excursions

steveknj

We are going on the NCL Pearl on June 3rd. This is our excursion itenerary (tentative). I should mention we are Alaska virgins.

Juneau

Sled Dog Discovery & Musher's Camp @ 2:30 thru NCL

Captain Larrys Whale Watching @ 5:30

CAN THIS BE DONE?!!! The Sled Dog says it's 2 1/4 hours which would put us at 4:45 when over. Would that give us enough time to make Cptn. Larrys?

Skagway

White Pass Railway full train tour up to Chilcott (8 1/2 hour tour) thru Skagway Tours

Ketchican

Rainforest Canoe Adventure thru NCL

(if time, we'll head over to the Totem Bight visitors center, if not, just walk around town)

Victoria

Butchart Gardens and city tour thru NCL

Anyone know anything about these excursions? I have read great things about the railway in skagway and Capt. Larrys. My one big question is can we fit in the dog sled AND Capt. larrys?

i would check with the dog mushers and see if that is the time they drop you off and where they drop you off at? if they bring you back to the ship by that time, you shouldn't have a problem. ocra enterprises office is right there. they may even have a combo with ocra in place?

having that late sun light really makes it nice for doing 2 things in 1 day.

if the dog mushers are near mendenhall, you would be driving back and forth a lot. ocra takes you from their offices (across the street from the cruise ship docks) to auke bay, about 20 mins north...near mendenhall glacier.

ocra's time listed is the time they want you to meet for the ride to auke, you will need to check in at the office and sign the paperwork.

Thanks for all the info. I'll give them a shout. In Ketchikan, I tentatively have down that canoe ride, but for a first timer, would it be better to do a Totem Bight excursion? The Canoe sounds like so much fun, but since I may never get back here (although, I am guessing, once I get up there, I'm never going to want to leave), I want to do what is considered the best for my budget (since Juneau and Skagway are going to be my major excursion spots, I wanted to do a little bit less costly excursion in K). Will I see totems on the canoe trip?

Are you allowing any "down" time in Ketchikan??? This city is loaded with totems, that you can walk by and enjoy. Especially nice are a set out the back of the Fox Westmark, just take the funicular up. Consider walking back down the "married man's trail" for an added piece of history. :)

Are you allowing any "down" time in Ketchikan??? This city is loaded with totems, that you can walk by and enjoy. Especially nice are a set out the back of the Fox Westmark, just take the funicular up. Consider walking back down the "married man's trail" for an added piece of history. :)

If I do either the Totem Bight or the Canoe trip, there's 2-3 hours worth of downtime afterwards, so I should be able to walk around and take in the sites in and around town.

Archived