Transportation to airport

Hi,

We are first time NCL-ers on the Jewel leaving from Barcelona on 6/24. My TA talked to NCL, and they said we should book our air home no earlier than 9:30 am on 7/1 (we are doing our own air). So, that's what I did. Our flight is at 9:50 am. Clearly not a lot of wiggle room, so my question is: Which is more reliable and faster to get us to the airport? Cruise line transportation or private? And if it's private, what works best? Any clues for getting off the ship quickly?

Any opinions welcome...as I have never been to Barcelona before.

Thanks!

Jane

Yes, it will be very tight. On a weekend it will take about 20-25 minutes at the least to get to the airport. I would definitely book private to make sure you get there quickly. Try Angie's Taxi. We used them in September and they were very good and reliable. If you go over to the Europe threads, you will get alot of information on her. To be honest, you really are pushing it with a flight that early. At one point, the airlines wanted you to be at the airport 2 1/2 to 3 hours before an international flight. I highly suggest that you take that flight but stay one more night in Barcelona and then get an early start to the airport the next morning. That is what we did for our flight home and it enabled us to go see Montserrat on a ship's tour and they dropped us off at Plaza Catalunya which was 1 block from our hotel. Just a thought. Also, if you could be one of the first off the ship at disembarkation and maybe even take all your luggage with you, it would be helpful. I am trying to remember what time they started letting people off the ship, and I think it was around 7:30 a.m. Good luck and enjoy Europe. It was great!

Pooh

Thanks so much for the recommendation...I have read about Angie's taxi before, it sounds like a plan. How early do you think I need to email in order to reserve it?

I also like the suggestion about staying later, but unfortunately, we already have the air. We are coming in a day early, so that will be nice. It sounds like NCL has an option to do your own luggage and get off early...so that is probably what we need to do.

Thanks again!

Jane

Archived