Release form for onboard photos

Crzr4Life

My family and I had some great photos taken of us onboard RCCL Freedom of the Seas in November. I bought several 8X10's but now I want copies. I really don't think that I can get originals from Royal Caribbean. I tried to copy them at WalMart but they said I would need a release form. Has anyone written to the cruise line for this form? I guess I could find a general address for Royal Caribbean but if anyone knows a more specific address, let me know.

Thank you for contacting us regarding copying photographs purchased on our ship. The reprint policy for Princess Cruises is detailed below:

Reprint Policy:

Souvenir photos taken onboard Princess vessels are for passenger enjoyment. Reprints for publications or other public uses are prohibited without submitting a written Proposal of use and obtaining written approval by the Princess Cruises - Public Relations department. Reprints requested by passengers for further enjoyment are approved on an individual basis.

If your request is in accordance with the above, this letter may act as the release to your local developer.

We hope your cruise experience was enjoyable and we thank you for sailing Princess Cruises. We look forward to you sailing with us again.

Sincerely,

Ian Johnson, Photo Operations Coordinator

About copying cruise pictures.

I take my photo to Kinkos for a scan, then print any size and amount I want from the Sony scanner. Great quality with no hassel.

It also works great for old family photos to shared with Family.

You may regret a photo, but not the memory.

About copying cruise pictures.

I take my photo to Kinkos for a scan, then print any size and amount I want from the Sony scanner. Great quality with no hassel.

It also works great for old family photos to shared with Family.

You may regret a photo, but not the memory.

Our Kinko's will not "COPY" any professional photo. And legally they shouldn't without a photo release as it is a large fine that they can end up paying if they are caught "reprinting" or "coping" any professional photo.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived