carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

jonsmom, you have cabins above you so you're good there. There's a lounge on the deck below you, but it looks like you might be over storage. I wouldn't change cabins. :)

Thanks -- I was so excited to get an aft cabin, I wasnt thinking that I would be either above or below something.....phew!

poodlemom, that's disgusting. lol

jonsmom, you'll love the aft cabin!

gumballz:

We have had aft cabins twice before on RCCL. You get spoiled. Its a great place to just sit and get away from all the noise. Its great to have breakfast on the balcony as well.

gumballz:

We have had aft cabins twice before on RCCL. You get spoiled. Its a great place to just sit and get away from all the noise. Its great to have breakfast on the balcony as well.

that balcony you have on the Freedom is NOT anything like what you have on Royal Caribbean.

Now those balconies are awesome-- and breakfast menu on carnival is very small compared to Royal-- jsut a continental breakfast is what you get.. and the table is a parsons table-- not something you can sit at to have a meal

I have never had any problems with noise, and I usually get a balcony under the lido deck. However, I did have a bad experience once, because my cabin was towards the back, right under the grill, and I smelled like grease/french fries for 7 days. Not fun. (This was on the Valor)

So now I avoide the balconies near the back of the ship, or anywhere near a grill.

Never had an aft yet, but just for the view, I would love to one day get to be in one.

i'd avoid any cabin on conquest, freedom, liberty, destiny, glory, legend, miracle, pride, spirit, splendor, triumph, victory, valor, celebration, elation, ecstacy, fantasy, fascination, holiday, imagination, inspiration, paradise or sensation. other than that any cabin is fine.

joking, no flames please. :D

Just back from the Freedom and had 6454 an aft balcony and it was our first aft balcony and my last!!! I was really excited to get this cabin since the aft balconies are bigger and get such good reviews on here.

We had black soot on our balcony each and every day!!! At first I thought is was cigarettes from above (we had those too!!) but I was told it was the diesel burning off and dropping onto our balcony. Yuck!!

We could not even sit on our chairs without getting towels to cover them - the chairs are already wrecked on these balconies!!

This is my last aft balcony!!! We spent all that money for 12 days and could hardly use it!

Just back from the Freedom and had 6454 an aft balcony and it was our first aft balcony and my last!!! I was really excited to get this cabin since the aft balconies are bigger and get such good reviews on here.

We had black soot on our balcony each and every day!!!

Thats not really to uncommon in the aft cabins, you will hear people complaining about it from time to time.

I have noticed it but the soot that i have seen wasn't even enough to bother me.

Aft deck 8 Conquest class, the sprinklers to clean the windows above come on late at night, don't leave anything on your balcony or it will get soaked, if you are on your balcony, so will you.

Trust me, i know.

i'd avoid any cabin on conquest, freedom, liberty, destiny, glory, legend, miracle, pride, spirit, splendor, triumph, victory, valor, celebration, elation, ecstacy, fantasy, fascination, holiday, imagination, inspiration, paradise or sensation. other than that any cabin is fine.

joking, no flames please. :D

then my cabin on the Crown Princess should be perfect.

Miracle 7208 & 7210...I currently have these 2 cabins for the 7/4/08 cruise, and am concerned about traffic since they are so close to the main stairs & elevators.

Would 7203 & 7205 be better?

7203 & 7205 would be more money and have a bigger balcony.

But you will NOT hear the noise from the elevators in the rooms you have now

Yikes! I have an aft balcony booked on Triumph Empress deck .Anyone else have that black soot back there? Or the grease stench from the grille???

I have not had a problem with either== but i also wipe my chairs down every morning before we used them.

as for smelling the grill--- hmmm I would think something like that would be making me hungry all the time.

Heck-- I dont even smell the grill when i am up on the lido deck sunning in that area.

Legend, cabins 8174,8176,8178,8180 extended balcony. Any comments on these?

if you want your divciders opened for one great balcony--have one person from each cabin get to the pursers desk--first thing whenyou are onboard. Only a limited amount of dividers can be opened and its not done using the cabin steward on this class of ship.

the dividers are removed so you dont have to worry about the divider door opening to a cabin door.

7203 & 7205 would be more money and have a bigger balcony.

But you will NOT hear the noise from the elevators in the rooms you have now

I switched and took the 7203 & 7205. The difference in price was $40.

Thanks!

We've sailed on the Ecstacy twice but never on the Riveria deck. We just decided to bring my stepson with us this time and they switched us to R177, right across from a mysterious white space, anyone have any idea what's there? I hope it's not noisy, two snorers in the cabin will be more than enough for me to deal with!

Camp Carnival is at the very front of the ship so you should not be bothered at all by it. I am not sure where the laundry is on the deck, but on the deck below it was near the aft row of cabins.

We had cabin 4120 which is near the front of the ship and one of the entrances to the Phantom. We never heard noise from that. Our cabin was very sound proof...so much so that if we wanted to hear the announcements we had to open the door.

Have a great trip! We certainly did!

Just got cabin 5224 on the miracle.Can anyone tell me if this location will be noisy? as camp carnival is on this deck. Does anyone know if it is near the laundry??

thanks all

laundry room on this deck is on the aft across the hall from 5268.

your cabin is an 7A obstructed view. cabins above and beneath you.

Hello all, I'm a new member to the CC community and a 1st time cruiser on the Valor 9/23 Eastern Carribbean itin.

I just booked the cruise yesterday for myself and the DW (I'm catching on to the lings quick!) in an 8b category room 7207. It ist the very front room on the port side of the ship. I chose this room over the other 3 that I was offered at the time becuase the others we all across from the elevators.

when I did some more research, I noticed that our room/balcony is directly under the bridge wing. Technically it is not an obstructed view, but I'd rather not have anything over the top of my balcony either.. my question to all of you great CC members is this.. Am I obsessing? or is this a better room than I imagine? or would you try to find another room (even by the elevator if necessary) if you were in my spot?

Thanks!

DeckSwabber

Welcome to the boards DeckSwabber...and most importantly to cruising! :)

From everything I've read online, having a cabin by an elevator is not a problem at all. People say you don't hear the constant dinging or anything mechanical. I can't say firsthand if that's correct, but I've read that enough to believe it.

Personally, I'm with you. I wouldn't want something on top of my balcony either. I don't know how you booked, but when I book with my PVP I ask for a specific cabin and she'll tell me if it's available or not. You mentioned that you had 4 cabins offered to you. It's worth a shot to call back whomever booked the cruise for you and request a different cabin. Look at the ship's layout and pick out a few cabins you're interested in and see if they're available. I hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

Archived