carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

CRUD!!! We have Verandah deck room 829*on the victory...can someone tell me how bad this will be? It seems to be right under the stage area of the lido deck. I am really scared about this becuase I am a very light sleeper. I just dont want to hear noise in the AM. PM noise is Ok.

How hard is it to get your cabin changed when your less than 30 days from sailing??

Gee I really hate posting my cabin number.:(

Am Really Getting Worried. Has Anyone Been In Cabin 7422 On Victory - Empress Deck? Still Have Time To Change Cabin If I Have To--not Going Till November. Thanks In Advance For Any Info.

Gitana

What are you worried about? Empress deck is between decks of cabin space - away from public areas.

OV means a guaranteed room right? This is our first cruise and we got a 6A but someone told me they didn't assign us a room number yet because of a possilbe upgrade when we get there? Is there any truth to this and what are some tips to get a better room once arriving?

Hi. I've just canceled a disney cruise and booked an eight day to mexican riveria on Spirit for nov. 22, 2007. We got cabin 8248 and 8252 on the spirit. This will be our very first cruise. Anyone have any info regarding these two cabins. and can anyone direct me to find more info regarding these two rooms? thanks

stacee

Ok Here is the deal.. If your cabin is above or below or next to something other than other cabins then ther just mught be some sort of a problem...IF your cabin is just packed in with other cabins then do not fret. Check your deck plans look at whats above and below and then ask specifically.

IE> my problem is that my cabin seems to be located BELOW Lido deck there fore I am looking for other folks that have had cabins Below Lido Deck and if they had any poblems.

I think that just throwing out random cabin numbers is not going to get many responses. :D

(JMO)

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

would work. If you are the type that turns in relatively early (no later than midnight), then you would be happiest in a lower deck in the front or back of the ship -- less traffic in the halls and you are surrounded by other passenger cabins.

If you are a night owl, it probably doesn't matter where your cabin is b/c you are going to be one of the people making or the "~%*&)*&+_#@"!!! noise in the middle of the night.:eek: So the closer to the action, the better for you.

And, unless you find someone on this board who has had your exact cabin on your exact ship in the very recent past, you won't know whether or not there is a problem. Problem in January 06 may not still be a problem in June of 07.

We are going at the end of April 2007.

Since you're first, would you PLEASE let me know how it is when you get back??? I will check this thread at the beginning of May.

Yes? Thanks!

...and I hope you have SUCH a great time!!!

We stayed in 8445 last year and we experienced the same thing, I was OK going to sleep, but I would wake up around 4:30 a.m. with the chairs on the deck above. I would get soooo mad and swear that the people were doing on purpose. Lesson learned, now I check out what's above me. Still had a great time though!!

I just found out that I'm in M83 on the Holiday. It is right next to the information and shore tour desk and close to the pursurs lobby. Is this good or should I try and ask to be switched. Cruise gods please help. Here is the deck plan.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=HO

If I remember right, it is a high trafic area. From desk to elevators and the such. Just down the hall a few cabins past the elevators is much beter.

ok- I've got Veranda room #24 on the Sensation. The deck above us is the Spa/Sauna/fitness area...and I can't tell what is below us on the Lido, but there are no staterooms. Our cruise doesn't sail until 8/26/07- so I have time to change rooms if anyone can tell me if I have a good room or not.

Please let me know- because I'll listen!!

Since you're first, would you PLEASE let me know how it is when you get back??? I will check this thread at the beginning of May.

Yes? Thanks!

...and I hope you have SUCH a great time!!!

I will let you know how it goes...

Okay, now I am starting to get concerned. We are going on the Valor in June (Western). We are in 1210 and 1212. These are the cabins on the Rivera deck. None of us are concerned too much about windows and I took the advice of this thread and ensured we were under other cabins. Now I am watching the Crusing Dos and Don't on the travel channel and they are saying not to get the front cabins due to the anchor being lowered at 5:30 am in ports where the ship must drop anchor. Has anyone had any experience???

We were Main deck aft on the Triumph and we could definitely hear/feel the thrusters as we pulled into port each morning bright and early. It vibrated like crazy and was loud.....I won't lie........but I just smiled knowing it wasn't me driving, cooking, cleaning, etc. and that I was on vacation. :)

But seriously, if loud noises and vibrations bother you......you're best to not book a cabin aft or forward.

Be wary of some of the AFT cabins on deck 6 (Conquest class ships) as a few are directly above a lounge - with an audible THUMP THUMP THUMP until the wee hours. Those cabins which are FULLY aft don't appear to have a problem - but several cabins forward of those can have this problem. Our son was in an interior (6471 or 6475) and the noise could not be missed (or easily dismissed!)

Tom

We were in 6367 on the Valor, and right over a piano bar. I think the metal bedframe conducted the THUMP THUMP THUMP; you could almost feel it. :mad:

Either it quieted down after a few nights, or I was so tired that I didn't hear it, but the last few nights weren't bad.:rolleyes:

These rooms can be found on the Fantasy class ships.

I call them the add on quad closets. If you look at any Fantasy class ship deck plan you can find these room on several floors. They must have taken them out of what was storage areas. :( Unlike the rest of the cabins you have to step up into or down out of them. It isn't much, just enough defferent that I tried my hardest to break an ankle. They are also not as wide as a normal cabin, so the two beds CANNOT be put togeather. :eek:

When you go to find your room, I and the other closet cruisers had trouble finding them. 299 is at the very front of the ship, next to 45. When you go to the purser desk, as we all did:mad:, they show you the floor plan with felt marker pen drawing, your room. They couldn't even have the room added on the floor plan to make it look real. :rolleyes: I asked the attendent if they were putting me in a closet and she puffed all up and said "no, it is a regular cabin." I'm platiuim and I'm here to tell you the room is not 185 sq ft.

I understand Carnival wanting to add as many quad rooms as they can. But, I would have been irate if I had a family of 4 in one. It was close for one and when my dd joined me for the second cruise, it was too small. :mad: They should make them a different catagory and charge less than a real cabin. Cat 2 or 3 A.

This was suppose to be an upgrade from a 1A. As a solo I rather have had the bunks. At least I would have had some floor space.

How hard is it to get your cabin changed when your less than 30 days from sailing??
Depends. If there are other cabins currently available in your category, just call your TA and ask to be switched. You can check carnival.com for available cabins. If there is nothing available, keep checking every few days.

Has anyone stayed in the cat 1A rooms? this one is being offered at below interior proce but has a full window no obstructions. they are discounting b/c of the bunk bed issue.

I am curious if anyone has stayed in this room (2445) or others like it and had problems? I would be on the main deck and on the plan it looks like something is next to the room but not sure what it is by the key?

any thoughts? You guys are always so helpful!!! :p

Denyce

Has anyone stayed in the cat 1A rooms? this one is being offered at below interior proce but has a full window no obstructions. they are discounting b/c of the bunk bed issue.

I am curious if anyone has stayed in this room (2445) or others like it and had problems? I would be on the main deck and on the plan it looks like something is next to the room but not sure what it is by the key?

any thoughts? You guys are always so helpful!!! :p

Denyce

My DD and I were in cabin 2444 on the Triumph in January. We LOVED it. It was so big and the two big windows let in a lot of light.

The only thing that might be a drawback is the vibration and noise when pulling into ports. I, personally, didn't mind it...but if you're sensitive to noise and vibration you might not enjoy that. It can get loud at times, but for the most part it wasn't bad at all. If you have the opportunity to book one of these cabins (2444 or 2445), do it!

One more thing, they open the employee stairway for the muster drill, which is right next to your cabin. It makes for a quick 'to and back' so you can get on with your cruise afterwards! :)

I have a quick little video that shows the room just for a second, if you'd like to see it. It's not great but you can get somewhat of an idea of the size of the cabin and windows...and you can see the bed setup.

Archived