ttor55

carnival cabins to avoid

Hi,

I had cabin 2278 on the Liberty which is an oceanview cabin. When I checked the floor plan, it showed that we were right below the excursion desk so I thought we would be okay.

Around 5am every morning for 7 nights straight, we heard tables and chairs being dragged over our heads.. There was also a "swishing" sound of water that literally sounded like we were below the pool.

Engineers, Hotel Mgrs, Purser Mgrs all came to our cabins numerous times at 3 and 4 am in the morning to listen to the noise and could not give an explanation as to what was going on....

Avoid this cabin if you are a light sleeper..

Michelle

If I were the superstitous type I'd say it's the spirit of a prior passenger in that cabin who probably drowned overboard... hence the splashing ;)

Hi experienced cruisers,

My wife and I have booked our first for next December and are staying in room 8312 on the verandah deck of the Glory. I know that the odds are amazingly slim of someone else having been in that room, but I am curious as to whether or not this is a decent area to be in (although I guess I couldn't do anything about it now!). Thanks in advance,

Brad

Hi Brad. Welcome to cruising and to Cruise Critic! :)

I ran a search and found a person that has stayed in cabin 8312 twice on the Glory. The first time they liked it...it was nice and quiet. The second time they didn't like it and won't stay in that cabin again. Here's the post I'm referring to:

First let me say, I really like Deck 8, it's close to the pool, etc.

We have had cabins on Deck 8 twice. In 3/04 we had cabin #8312 and it was great. No noise, great location, etc.

However, in 6/05 we had cabin #8312 and listened to the scraping of chairs all night. It drove me nuts. So much so that on our cruise coming up this June, I made sure it wasn't over the outside table & chair area.

I'm not a complainer and didn't say anything on the trip, I just would prefer not to listen to the scraping on future cruises.

Here's the link to that thread. It was post #5. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=336987&highlight=8312

If you decide you don't want to keep that cabin, you can switch to a different one. You just need to call whomever you booked your cruise with (your TA or a PVP at Carnival, etc). Since your cruise is some ways away, I'm guessing there will be plenty of cabins available to choose from. Actually, I just did a quick check on an online site and there are 10 cabins listed in the same general area as 8312, and 6 of those cabins are sandwiched between cabins below and above. (I'd bet there are quite a bit more available, that's just all that showed up on that particular site).

I'd say there's a fairly good chance you'll hear noise from above in 8312. It's up to you whether you decide to change or not....but I would if it were me. :)

, but I am curious as to whether or not this is a decent area to be in (although I guess I couldn't do anything about it now!). Thanks in advance,

Brad

Welcome to cruise critic Brad. Dont ever think you cant do anything about your upcoming cruise for 2008. Keep checking prices every week on carnival web page and if it comes down you want to be on the phone with the agent getting the refund.

I personally dont like the area. Under the lido deck pool is where people complain about hearing scraping of chairs.

Want bigger for less money-- see if any cabin on the aft- directly across the back of the ship- on the empress level- between decks of cabins and away from public area.

you will have the wake of the ship - quiet and relaxing. Reading these boards will show you the aft cabins are highly sought after space.

Brad.............you are in luck...........

That's our room...........We liked it so much on the Glory last year, we booked the same room on the Liberty for this Sept.

The good and bad........room 8312 is the very last room to have this overhang thing from the deck above....no obstruction but...it was wonderful when it rained:) and for the sun. In one port it started raining one hour before we were to leave. We sat out on our veranda watching all the folks running back to the ship...(we had already done that earlier) and the overhang kept us dry....same with the Princess ship across from us..no one could be out on the balcony due to the rain.

Plus the same for the sun...........

However.........the chair scraping.....it only bothered me around 3-5pm

that was when we went to our room to relax from the day, shower, enjoy a cocktail on the balcony........you know quiet time.

So the next day we mapped out this "overhang", went up one deck to see exactly where we were.......if you look on the deck plans you will see a white spot on the Lido deck, your room is half/half under this storage space and the absolute tiny corner of the Lido where the little round tables are.

The scraping was the afternoon small group of card players....no big deal.

I never heard them at night and I am a very light sleeper.

I hope we have the same luck this year........good luck to you:D and hoped this helps

Oh one more thing............

the location was great....we are early risers and just loved to hop up those stairs for 6am coffee and a stroll on deck.......not to many folks are up at that hour............

Plus the late night ice cream sneak....the stairs were very handy:eek:

from 1006 on the Valor. Crusied in 5/07 and picked an upfront cabin and made a rookie mistake. Gym right above us, so Hans and Franz were up early each day dropping weights on the floor. Also, there is a door right next door leading to the outside that the crew uses and the wind SLAMS!!!!!!!!! that door closed all the time.

Go Cats

I have 8430 on Conquest. I'm thinking the noise above can't be THAT bad. I'm worried mostly about getting sick because it's kind of in the back of the ship.

Too all, thanks for the information. Gumballz, thanks for tracking down that information. I really appreicate it. Serene, we will definitely be tracking the pricing although I assume with a holiday cruise prices won't likely drop. Lucy's mom, thanks a ton for the reassurance and it sounds like a great place to be as neither one of us are really bothered that much by noise at night. Thanks!!!

Are the aft balconies fully or partially covered? Can't seem to tell from pix previously posted. Thanks!

Are the aft balconies fully or partially covered? Can't seem to tell from pix previously posted. Thanks!

depends on the deck... deck 4 is covered.. deck 5 is somewhat covered.

deck 7 corner:

2688819930050360393UvHsTj_th.jpg

2478465600100440870wNHGTx_th.jpg

deck 6 is opened. 283578014rYVaau_th.jpg

Ice and Soda Vending Machines: across from cabins: 6445 and 6358

Launderettes: across from cabins: 6385 and 6387 (2-3 washers; 2 -3 dryers; 1 ironing board/iron; soap dispenser machines)

Could you please tell me about cabin 7445 on the Freedom? Thanks so much.

You booked a guarantee cabin, and you got a cabin that others didn't want. So you got what you wanted. A cabin in any location of the ship. You didn't care about where you would be when you booked the cruise. This is why people choose a cabin rather than saving that $100. We choose a cabin when there is a sale with a upgrade. That way you save the $$$, but can choose your cabin. I have friends that book grarantee cabins and have had troubles. Better luck next time.

I booked a last minute SOLO trip on the Elation(Fantasy class), leave next month....I have just been assigned R9. Does anyone know what the white space is? Also, I understand where being in the front can be problematic(anchor dropping), but on the other hand, I am thrilled to have a double bed versus bunk bed.

Thanks for your help.

Marie

I booked a last minute SOLO trip on the Elation(Fantasy class), leave next month....I have just been assigned R9. Does anyone know what the white space is? Also, I understand where being in the front can be problematic(anchor dropping), but on the other hand, I am thrilled to have a double bed versus bunk bed.

Thanks for your help.

Marie

The white space is crew storage space. YOu will not hear the chain. we were in M21, and had not problems. Few rooms are only bunk beds. Most have 2 beds that can be put together to make a king. We opted on the short cruise not to put the beds together, then our DD did not sleep in the bunk at all. She was afraid it would fall off the wall.

The white space is crew storage space. YOu will not hear the chain. we were in M21, and had not problems. Few rooms are only bunk beds. Most have 2 beds that can be put together to make a king. We opted on the short cruise not to put the beds together, then our DD did not sleep in the bunk at all. She was afraid it would fall off the wall.

Thanks so much.

How does one distinguish between crew storage and ice maker? I booked a 1A(due to best solo pricing) which is bunk beds, so I was prepared for a single bed.

Marie

Thanks so much.

How does one distinguish between crew storage and ice maker? I booked a 1A(due to best solo pricing) which is bunk beds, so I was prepared for a single bed.

Marie

On Glory, we found the ice machines were not accessable to the guest. If you wanted Ice, you contacted room steward, and they got it for you. But Ice machines are usually mid way of the ship.

On Fantasy, I did not even see one because the crew doors were always closed when we were walking the hallway.

Believe me it is a LONG walk from the front of the ship to the Lido deck dining. WE must have walked about 100 miles on our 4 day cruise just going back and forth to the Lido deck on Fantasy. It was our honeymoon, so we spent a lot of time by ourselves.

Have a great trip.

I also take it that you are a christian by your name. email me.

Thanks for the information. I don't need access to the ice, but some guests have said that the ice machine can be very noisey. That is my concern, but it's all good since I am on a cruise :). I welcome the extra steps as perhaps I can cruise and not manage to gain weight(like I usually do).

You have mail :).

Marie

Any feedback on this room would be greatly appreciated. I know it's an interior 1A room (btw, was not a guaranteed room), and has bunk beds, which is not a problem for me, as I am traveling solo. From the deck plan I can see it's above the Paladium Balcony, and has staterooms above. But, that's all I can figure out! (This is just my 2nd cruise.) Thanks!

Has anyone you know ever stay in 4122 (5A obstructed view) on Carnival Spirit. Is there any view at all and can you open the french doors?

Just back from the Freedom and had 6454 an aft balcony and it was our first aft balcony and my last!!!

Hi, did you happen to take any pics? Sorry, not of the soot but of the balcony? We have 7445 next year. The ship is so new, I can't find out much about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space :).

Thanks so much.

Marie

I have only cruised 3 times and have booked through Carnival - I explained exactly what we wanted and have not been disappointed. I have called or e-mailed them about various questions and have always received a call or e-mail. They are great. Kathyh

I am in oceanview room 2395 on the valor can anyone tell me about this room, good, bad, noisy or what.

is a connecting cabin. the door is located down by your window. You have covertible sofa bed--the cabin holds two people.

Its located under the gally- you MIGHT hear rolling carts.

if you go to carnival web site--click on funships- valor then state rooms-- clicking on the oceanview will show you what the cabin will look like

Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space :).

Thanks so much.

Marie

Hi Serene,

Would appreciate your input. Thanks. I am thinking it is storage/work area for the crew, which is fine, just wondering.

Marie

Any info on Elation M159? There is a white spot in front of the room. I am not worried, just wondering. Long story short is that the price dropped for my 1A guarantee yesterday, so I had to go back into the pool to get the price adjustment. I was previously assigned R9(4A). Today I was assigned my room. Another 4A on the Main Deck, M159. I appreciate the help. I am just happy to be on the ship, but curious about the space :).hanks so much.Marie

Sorry Marie-- I didnt see this post.

This new cabin is way better thenthe first one-

At least you are more midship.

With the R7 boy that woulda been loud in the mornings when the anchor dropped.

your change is better for you.. you are now located by the stairs elevators. You wont hear them and hopefully wont have rude passengers sailing with you.

If looking at the deck plans you will see that white area around all the elevators. I dont think that is something you should be worried about.

On the sensation the steward area is more in the white hallway more aft from your cabin. I also dont recall a laundry area on this floor either.

Hi, did you happen to take any pics? Sorry, not of the soot but of the balcony? We have 7445 next year. The ship is so new, I can't find out much about it. Any help would be appreciated.

the freeedom will be the same exact thing as the LIBERTY, VALOR, CONQUEST & GLORY.

www.cruiseclues.com :cool:

Why did you remove the contact information from the reply? I thought it would help solve some of the problems the cruisers were having with room assignments. Andy has been wonderful, meeting all our needs and giving us excellent advice on rooms etc, kathyh

Kathy,

I believe CC views it as TA information. We are not allowed to post our TA's contact information, or name companies we book with, etc. Unfortunately, it is against the rules at CC.

Marie

thank you - I didn't know that - Kathy

Cruising on the 23rd from NYC on the Miracle- Hope the weather is okay

My Husband & I are going on the Triumph on Jan 5th, 08 and we have a mini sweet room 7312, anything on that location? Just wondering, this will be our 1st cruise and don't know much about this stuff, thank goodness for this board.

Hi everyone, We will be on the Pride in Oct. Were in 8157 Panorama deck. Does anyone know anything on how good or bad this room is? I would appreciate anything you can give me. Thankyou, Debbie :)

We're in balcony rooms 6244 and 6246 on the Empress deck on the Pride...there are no inside rooms across the hall from us, just white space down the whole hall...what is it?

W()w! I Have Read Alot About The Cabins From Hell! If Anyone Has Been In 6454 Valor (very Back End Of Ship-aft) I Would Really Apprecate Your Input--we Sail 3/16/08. Thanks In Advance!:)

is a connecting cabin. the door is located down by your window. You have covertible sofa bed--the cabin holds two people.

Its located under the gally- you MIGHT hear rolling carts.

if you go to carnival web site--click on funships- valor then state rooms-- clicking on the oceanview will show you what the cabin will look like

did you have this room serene? I was told this room would hold 3 people that is how many are in this room. Do you think I will have any problems

Hi All:

Just a question about the Main Deck. I read most of this thread and didn't see to much info on the staterooms on the Main. Anybody no much about this deck and what we should expect ? We have an OV 6B. :confused: First Cruise:)

I personally like the lower decks, there is less motion if the seas are a little rough. However, the closer you get to the front or back of the ship the more you will hear either anchor noises or Azipod/Thruster noises. This was very evident on my Glory Cruise, I had a 1A near the end of the ship and could hear the Azipods chruning as we were doing 360's in the water on a night

@ sea. Don't know why, maybe a test maybe just for fun in the Capitans chair, but the rumble was loud and the TV GPS showed everything little circles in the middle of the ocean. It finally quit @ midnight.

As for teh Front os the ship. You will not need a wake-up call or alarm clock you WILL BE WOKEN up by the anchor noises every time

W()w! I Have Read Alot About The Cabins From Hell! If Anyone Has Been In 6454 Valor (very Back End Of Ship-aft) I Would Really Apprecate Your Input--we Sail 3/16/08. Thanks In Advance!:)

Yes, very aft with a 2 twins/king and a convertable sofa.

You may here the beat of the music from the aft lounge below but it's really not that bad, sounds louder in the hall, then in the cabin.

Your Balcony will be deeper but you will be able to see all you neighbors because of the slanted dividers.

Don't sit outside late at night, you will get wet, they clean the Panorama deck then blow the water off the back of the ship, getting the aft balconies wet, the good news is, decks 8 & 7 will get more wet then you.