Early Embarkation Costa Magica Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades?

yuccaman

What's the earliest that you've been able to embark the Costa Magica at Ft Lauderdale?

I want to beat the lines from the airport buses but not get there too early. Don't mind waiting a bit, though, if I'm a little bit early.

We took the early embarkation(available only to US passport holders) and you have to handle your own luggage. I think we were at the airport by 8. We had a 10:40 flight and had time to eat breakfast and sit around and wait at the airport.

If the Magica is like the Mediterranea, you will be able to board sometime after 11am. We just got back from the Mediterranea and took our luggage to the porter around 1045, and by the time returned the rental car at the airport, hopped into a cab, we were on the ship by noon. I would assume that the Magica will follow the same procedures as the Mediterranea.

So what was the word on Embarkation times? The sailing I am on leaves at 5pm Magica from Port Everglades(Ft. Lauderdale). Can you board around 11-12noon? Also, isn't it called debarkation when you leave the ship after the cruise is over?

Also, isn't it called debarkation when you leave the ship after the cruise is over?

• disembarkation, debarkation and debark are all synonyms (they all imply to get off)
  • embarkation, embark and embarcation are all synonyms (they all imply to get on)

Technically speaking, if one uses disembarkation, the corresponding antonym (opposite) should be used, ie., embarkation. This is similar to the use of either/or and neither/nor.

But who wants all this info when dreaming about life on the high seas? Just use the terms get on and get off and you won't go wrong!

disclaimer: I am not an English major and actually hated grammar and syntax class in school. However, I've learned a few things over the years ;)

Archived