What to do in Raiatea?

Gabrielle R.

Hi Paul and Nadine,

I just sent you an email and it came back to me. Our email address is the same so email me please if you get a chance.

Sorry to break into this thread. To the OP the drift snorkel was wonderful. All the excursions that we took, even the 4x4 in Bora Bora, I would do all over again.

Sylvia

Ia Orana,

I noticed nobody mentioned Matta tours with Stephane. He can be found inside the visitors Hut when you are in port. His tour is also available in Raitea/Tahaa. he will take you to feed the Stingrays and then Sharks.

No worries the sharks are small. My DW was not eager to get in the water but after coaxing Loved It. He will then take you to his private Island for a little snack. Some coconut, bananas, Juice and water.

If you get burgers at the grill and put them in baggies with the Hinano you have previously purchased in Pappete and keep cold in your room fridge. You are prepared to spend the day on his Island. His Island is across the lagoon (100ft) from the Island that Le Tahaa resort is located. You can visit the resort. You can go back @ noon when he goes and gets his second tour or stay. He will get you back for the show on the ship. His children are in the show.

There will be another show later in the evening on the Pool deck.

Emerse yourself in the culture and get to know the people. They are wonderful and a highlight of our trip to Tahiti and her Islands. We have a special place in our heart for Tahiti and its people and will always be trying to get back as often as we can.:)

Ia Orana,

I noticed nobody mentioned Matta tours with Stephane. He can be found inside the visitors Hut when you are in port. His tour is also available in Raitea/Tahaa. he will take you to feed the Stingrays and then Sharks.

No worries the sharks are small. My DW was not eager to get in the water but after coaxing Loved It. He will then take you to his private Island for a little snack. Some coconut, bananas, Juice and water.

If you get burgers at the grill and put them in baggies with the Hinano you have previously purchased in Pappete and keep cold in your room fridge. You are prepared to spend the day on his Island. His Island is across the lagoon (100ft) from the Island that Le Tahaa resort is located. You can visit the resort. You can go back @ noon when he goes and gets his second tour or stay. He will get you back for the show on the ship. His children are in the show.

There will be another show later in the evening on the Pool deck.

Emerse yourself in the culture and get to know the people. They are wonderful and a highlight of our trip to Tahiti and her Islands. We have a special place in our heart for Tahiti and its people and will always be trying to get back as often as we can.:)

Hi Rick & Carol,

Is there anyway of contacting Stephane via email?

Thanks

Jane;)

Ia Orana

matatours@tahaa.org is his e mail. I have been told and seen on the boards he does not do e-mail. We hired him at the dock. I will include his picture.C:\Tahiti 0139.jpg at the docks by the ship with my DW.

The best way to check out the islands before you go is to search google or type the name of the island then .com, .net, .biz, .org. Also Tahitiguide.com. example Huahine.com, or Boraboraisland.com.

Have a wonderful time. Emmerse youself in the Tahitian culture. Wear a Pareo (especially the Men):) , put a Tiare behind your ear and lift a Hinano for me. I wish I were with you. It is one place you will always cherish so enjoy.

Stephan can be hired at the port...... Do you know how long his tour is? Is it possible to do soemthing in the morning, and something in the afternoon too? I want to do everything, and I know I can't..... So I know I have to make choices.....I know we are there from 11PM to 11PM So wonder if there is soemthing neat to do after the little kids do their show onboard ship.

Thank YOu so much for all the info! Always funny to see some people reunite on a thread- glad I was able to help in this small way!;)

Everyone, thank you again for all the information! Gabrielle

I apologize for using this as a personal information board but I do need S&B to contact me. Sylvia, its good to hear from you, we've changed our email address to; please contact me at nphendrickson1@msn.com

Just to let you know about different excursions, anyone mentioned in the above forum will probably be very good tour guides, the FP people are very willing to please their customers. They aim to please and you will be amazed at all the unbelievable natural beauty FP has to offer. :)

Stepane's Tour is Am and PM. We asked to stay on his Island after the AM tour. Just Hire him at the docks Remember his picture.

He can also be hired in Bora Bora. Bora Bora is all afternoon on the first day of the Cook itinerary. He then does it again on the next day. You will need to ask him.

We did Tahaa AM stayed on the Island across the lagoon from Le Tahaa resort. In Bora Bora we took the first day sunset cruise. Best Snokeling ever then cruise around Island with a stop at a hotel to see turtles then snorkeling again and Sunset Motu Snack Picnic.

He is a delightful and gracious person. Very fun to be with. I will do again when we go next year.

I also took him Burgers from the morning grill in Bora Bora and Hinano I bought in Papeete. He was ever so gracious.

Enjoy, Let the very magic invade your pores. And for God sake wear a pareo while in Tahiti they are not just for the Ladies.

Ia Orana,

Please take heed:

This is Tahiti. ENJOY. Don't try and do it all, Take it easy. After going once you will be doing everything in your power to get back.

Soo Sloow down.

Take the time to absorb the magic. The Tahitian people are wonderful.

The Balmy climate is -- well let's just say I understand why Fletcher Christian and crew mutinied.

A great movie about Tahiti is "The Bounty" with Mel Gibson.

Get a Pareo for you and your "other" and relax. Don't take too many clothes. After you get the Pareos you won't want to wear anything else.

Unfortunatley they require Formal Dress occasionally on the TP.

Take it easy and enjoy. ~ I can't stress this enough.

Going again and counting the days.

Nana,

Once I get there, I'll be sure to chill! I get excited about seeing and doing, and of course all of you have made me want to do all sorts of fun things! So yeah, it's your fault! ;) I can't wait to see all the beauty that Tahiti has to offer! Just trying to rush time right now! I'm lucky that I have had such great posters! Thanks! Gabrielle

Jay and Susan,

Are you thinking of doing the PG in August? If so, what dates?? Maybe we could have a reunion... we were just so taken by the islands that we want to go back so much! We'd consider doing the PG next year... we also would like to do a post stay in Moorea this time around in addition to a day or two pre-stay at the Intercontinental Tahiti again...

Lyndsey (and Jim)

Archived