Just Back From Splendour In The Med - 24th July Cruise

Iz

Isabel - thank you very much for the information - I have booked this trip for my family so feel kind of responsible as the 'tour guide'!! We're off to Barcelona tomorrow, so all getting packed, and finishing off at work. Really looking forward to it all. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Great review Isabel,
Moving this up for some answers to the questions asked by other CC members.
When are the 2 formal nights? Is it on Sunday (Marseilles) and Thursday(Naples)?
Ta ever so much.
j33

Hi Isabel,

Is the Villefranche port any good to hang around in the morning, before we join a a short half day excursion to the French Riviera from noon? Being a Monday some French towns may be shut.

What has Livorno got to offer if we intend not to visit Pisa or Florence. One of us have to stay back to look after my elderly mom.

Same question for Civitavecchia if we give Rome a miss. Been there numerous times too.

Thanks ever so much.
Cheers. James

Really sorry, J33 - have been so busy recently, I haven't had time to look at the boards.

Villefranche is certainly worth a wander round if you have the time. It's the only port that looks nice too and you shouldn't have a problem on the Monday for shops being closed, etc. I think that's more of a problem on Sunday.

I'm afraid I can't really help with Livorno or Civitavecchia because we stayed on board on the Livorno day (lazy, I know!) and we went to Rome with the RCI tour so we didn't see much of Civitavecchia, although I've just read somewhere on one of the reviews that it was worth a visit - good local market and chances for people-watching apparently !

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

Thank you ever so much for the information. I will relate the news to the folks in our group (20 now registered for the RCI CC party ~ 2nd Oct.SOS sailing) ie.those who are not taking excursions on those days.

We only have less than 3 weeks to go, before we meet up on board.
We will start packing this weekend!

Cheers again and may your next cruise be the best.
j33

Archived