ST. Vincent Tours?????

AliceS

We were on the Grand Princess in February, 2009. We made arrangements ahead of time with sam-taxi-tours@caribsurf.com. We said we wanted to see the countryside and had a fantastic time. Our tour guide's name was Roger. They did not require payment until the tour was over.

Hi JS 1357,

My DH & I will be in St. Vincent in December and have no clue what to do. :confused: We're not especially interested in the boat tour, but your mention of Sam's Taxi Tours with Roger sounds like something we might enjoy. Can you let us know what all you did on your tour? How long did it last? How much did it cost? We really appreciate any help you can be! :)

GG

• 2 weeks later...

We were in St. Vincent in April and had arranged to use "Robert Tours" for a 5 hour trip by van . We were a group of 6, and he promptly picked us up just outside the cruise terminal. His van was absolutely spotless. Before starting, he reviewed ours plans & wishes for the day to make sure he had planned out the best day for us. Robert is very well informed and makes you feel very comfortable. We did a combo of shoreline & interior. We had asked for some beach time so he took us to a small hotel and showed us the beautiful grounds, introduced us to the staff and made plans to pick us up 2 hours later. What a great time! He arrived on time and voulunteered to throw in a little extra- the Botantical Gardens which were very nice. Robert doesn't have a web site but can be reached on his cell at 784-593-6009. We were on a 14 day cruise, and of all the tours we took Robert made St. Vincent very special for us all.

• 1 month later...

Just got word that the Falls of Baleine are going to be opened up again sometime in November this year. They will finally be cleaning up all of the rock slides and making the path to the falls easier to walk. Can't wait to visit the falls again, they really are beautiful. And so happy that St. Vincent will be making these accessible to those who visit. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
We will be celebrating our anniversary on St Vincent at the end of March next year. Has anybody any recommendations as to what to see and do there. Waynes boat trip sounds really good but is it crowded? Any suggestions would be fantastic. :)

Since you aren't on the boat except to get from place to place, I can't say it's crowded, there is a seat for everyone. You will take the boat with maximum 22-24 passengers to the falls of Baleine, lunch, the black sand beach, and a bit of dolphin watching along the way. So, it all depends on how many you have in your group how crowded the boat actually will be. I think he has a minimum of 10-12 passengers and a maximum of 22-24.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a CC group booked with Wayne for March 6.

We don't snorkel and barely swim but that doesn't keep us out of the water! Love it! We bring our own ski belts to stay afloat and have fun and relax in the water, enjoy it most where we can touch bottom and love to walk the beach. If the boat can get fairly close to shore, would it be relatively easy (depending on the day, if not too breezy) to arm paddle/'swim' ashore (which I assume is the only way)?

• 11 months later...
We have a CC group booked with Wayne for March 6.

We don't snorkel and barely swim but that doesn't keep us out of the water! Love it! We bring our own ski belts to stay afloat and have fun and relax in the water, enjoy it most where we can touch bottom and love to walk the beach. If the boat can get fairly close to shore, would it be relatively easy (depending on the day, if not too breezy) to arm paddle/'swim' ashore (which I assume is the only way)?

Could someone please reply to this question.....Thanks

I'm not the strongest swimmer, but had no problems getting off the boat to get to the beaches where Wayne anchored the boat just offshore. We went on his tour Dec 2010.

Here's my blog entry ... http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2010/12/st-vincent-svg-caribbean-youre-looking.html

Video Only: http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2010/12/video-st-vincent.html

Have a great time.

I'm not the strongest swimmer, but had no problems getting off the boat to get to the beaches where Wayne anchored the boat just offshore. We went on his tour Dec 2010.

Here's my blog entry ... http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2010/12/st-vincent-svg-caribbean-youre-looking.html

Video Only: http://2totravel.blogspot.com/2010/12/video-st-vincent.html

Have a great time.

I really enjoyed your blog and the videos. Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a fabulous time.

We just did, on Jan 11th, a tour with Wayne of Baleine Tours and had the best day ever!!!

http://sites.google.com/site/whalbich/home

Wayne, and his sidekick, Junior, took us all of the way up the coast of St. Vincent, so far up we saw the Pitons of St. Lucia - to the set of the Pirates of the Caribbean, where we also had a wonderful, wonderful lunch. Wonderful!!

We went to two Black Sand Beachs...one to swim at and the other to snorkel. Great snorkeling site, great!!

After meeting Wayne and Junior, and talking & e-mailing to Wayne's wife, Debbie, who is so nice - we hope to one day actually go back to St. Vincent for a land vacation.

You will not go wrong with booking with Baleine Tours!!!

We are booked with Wayne for March 19th 2011 (Sea Princess) after reading many good things about him and I am happy so say that his responses to my emails have been encouraging. I contacted him via baleinetours@hotmail.com and he subsequently called my mobile to confirm our requirements. We have a non swimmer in our group and he has said that we will not have a problem. Looking forward to March :D

We are booked with Wayne for March 19th 2011 (Sea Princess) after reading many good things about him and I am happy so say that his responses to my emails have been encouraging. I contacted him via baleinetours@hotmail.com and he subsequently called my mobile to confirm our requirements. We have a non swimmer in our group and he has said that we will not have a problem. Looking forward to March :D

You'll love it, Wayne is a stand-up guy!! :)

• 1 month later...

Did an awesome tour with Wayne in March ...it was one of the best tours we have ever done....Wayne and Marco were the cream of the crop :p

His boat is comfortable..we had 20 people and everyone had plenty of room. The tour covers the northside of the Island, lot of nooks and cranies. The group enjoyed the visit to the Priates site and the lunch was tasty and plentful.

We would definitly tour with Wayne again!!!!:D

Archived