Best Balcony Photo

This one is of the Century after putting on extra balconies.

Lower level balcony is cabin 8229 and upper level is 9243. Both are last port side aft balconies. Straight view of aft and side/forward of ship. Probably best having ship and balcony in title.

If this is a duplicate then please forgive. Trying to do a service without knowing exactly what I am doing LOL

P1010131.jpg.a1d4179e0f30eec85d76fede9b86d31b.jpg

Good idea for a thread! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. The boyfriend and I don't have enough money to book a balcony, or even an oceanview for that matter, so it'll be a long time before I can take pictures like these!

Squeeky...looks like you had some nice balconies on your cruises!

Here was the sunset over my Radiance aft balcony #7176 in November, taken from inside the cabin looking out:

69795177.jpg

A great balcony, because of the extra balcony length (2 to 3 times bigger than the same class cabin on the side of the ship), the reduced wind and half-shade/half-sun provided, and the classic wake view:

69795336.jpg

My small but comfortable balcony on the Summit, 9030, starboard side and under the narrowest part of the overhang which let it enjoy a little sun but still avoid the rain:

h13092318_57939.jpg

This was probably my best balcony ever - Zuiderdam, SS8070 Minisuite, starboard side. it was huge - plenty of room for a dining table with chairs, and two of the most comfortable wicker reading chairs with ottomans I've ever sat in. The overhang provided awesome shade and cool even in the Caribbean, it was usable even when raining, and always got a light breeze but not windy enough to blow your bookmark away:

h121558279_51764.jpg

Well, zackiedawg posted...I guess I have to throw in my 2¢....

Radiance "hump" cabin 1060...Glacier Day pajama party on the biggest balcony we ever had!

66820400.s4VZWWc6.jpg

Lookit at all them balconies...

66813486.FnqUyyZQ.jpg

Another perspective, another ship:

73841122.lR4GWNcb.jpg

Fun thread!

Dave

Fellow PBaser joining the thread! Nice pics, Dave. Wish I could get a balcony as big as that hump suite! I'm usually cruising with just one other, and it's hard to justify spending for anything bigger than a minisuite - every time I think about it, I come up with what else I could do with that extra money!

Fellow PBaser joining the thread! Nice pics, Dave. Wish I could get a balcony as big as that hump suite! I'm usually cruising with just one other, and it's hard to justify spending for anything bigger than a minisuite - every time I think about it, I come up with what else I could do with that extra money!

Wonderful Wife and I took this trip just about exactly between our 50th birthdays and our 30th and 31st wedding anniversaries, so we decided "what the hell"!

Likely won't do it again anytime soon...after all, Sony is coming out with a whoop-de-do replacement for my trusty old KM 7D this fall and everybody's making lenses for the Minolta A-Mount again. (That sure falls into the "what else I could do with that extra money" category! :D)

Dave

I enjoy looking at cabin/balcony photo's. I attached the wrong one so will add another one when I get home.

How do you get the picture embedding in the photo like you guys have?

If you have your pictures posted on a site that allows you to link to them, (zackiedawg and I both happen to use www.pbase.com) you can embed the picture by putting it's address in the box that pops up when you click on the "Insert Image" button in the reply to thread toolbar (the little yellow icon with the mountains).

If you don't have your pictures posted online, I'm not sure how to make them embed pretty...

Dave

Thanks David...it was definately a gorgeous balcony and a perfect location for me. I love the aft cabins, and to get one centered over the wake was fantastic. The only thing that could have made it better were if it were a suite in the same spot! I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat on any Radiance-class vessel.

I am not a lover of afts simply because they have such hug e balconies and make the cabin dark, Whoever this looks like you can have an aft without a dark dark cabin cause of the huge useless balcony. Looks great to me

Here was the sunset over my Radiance aft balcony #7176 in November, taken from inside the cabin looking out:

69795177.jpg

A great balcony, because of the extra balcony length (2 to 3 times bigger than the same class cabin on the side of the ship), the reduced wind and half-shade/half-sun provided, and the classic wake view:

69795336.jpg

My small but comfortable balcony on the Summit, 9030, starboard side and under the narrowest part of the overhang which let it enjoy a little sun but still avoid the rain:

h13092318_57939.jpg

This was probably my best balcony ever - Zuiderdam, SS8070 Minisuite, starboard side. it was huge - plenty of room for a dining table with chairs, and two of the most comfortable wicker reading chairs with ottomans I've ever sat in. The overhang provided awesome shade and cool even in the Caribbean, it was usable even when raining, and always got a light breeze but not windy enough to blow your bookmark away:

h121558279_51764.jpg

The balcony nect to the woman reading was our mini suite balcony. Above us you can see the full suite balconies.

101_0282.jpg

Below is our traveling companion Teddy Hebert (pronounced "A Bear") relaxing on our balcony.

101_0292.jpg

Pierces, I had to look up that hump cabin! I have stayed on the hump before but never knew there was a balcony that large. I see it was a Grand Suite. What a nice way to celebrate. Any photos?

The photos from the trip are on my PBase site. There are several inside shots spread agross the various days. Feel free to browse...

http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/alaska2006

Enjoy! (We sure did!)

Dave

Thank you Sabrett for the compliment.

I am not a lover of afts simply because they have such huge balconies and make the cabin dark, Whoever this looks like you can have an aft without a dark dark cabin cause of the huge useless balcony. Looks great to me

The Radiance-class balconies, and in fact any of the ships with the sloped-back aft-ends without extra superstructure, should be pretty good at letting in light and feeling airy. The larger balcony in this case didn't feel like it blocked light, mostly because the covered area was about the same as the ones on the sides of the ship...all the extra length of the balcony was uncovered and let the light in. I'm not a huge fan of the Voyager-class aft cabins...at least the lower ones, because of all the superstructure blocking the view - I like to look down and see the wake...not 20 feet of metal structure extending past my balcony.

Radiance-class aft cabins were great. Long walk to the stairs (midship is the first staircase you can access), which wouldn't be great for someone who has trouble walking...fortunately not a problem for me yet. And the secluded location at the back center meant no foot traffic past your cabin door virtually ever!

Celebrity Century...wonderful, amazing time! I am enjoying all your photos SO much! I'm going to find and attach a few more from different trips for those who might like to see them!

Once again, love this thread and so glad I found it! Yeah!

CIMG1817.jpg.57b064f76417fa26606c8f50545d4cd6.jpg

CIMG1849.jpg.e3efe4f01c0194b175712b23cfeba009.jpg

Celebrity Century...wonderful, amazing time! I am enjoying all your photos SO much! I'm going to find and attach a few more from different trips for those who might like to see them!

Once again, love this thread and so glad I found it! Yeah!

Now this is living the good life! How great is that WOW.

The balcony nect to the woman reading was our mini suite balcony. Above us you can see the full suite balconies.

101_0282.jpg

Below is our traveling companion Teddy Hebert (pronounced "A Bear") relaxing on our balcony.

101_0292.jpg

With this view, you could help identify the passengers going overboard.

;) ;) ;)

Archived