New York Prepares For QM2

guernseyguy

At approx 7:15 I was in the Ladies room at work which affords this wonderful view of the Harbour when she arrived at the Battery. Am sure the horns were blasting then but I only heard them once as she was easing up the harbour just before the Statue of Liberty - What a salute!!!

Traffic on the VN was backed up due to the Belt Pky coming to a standstill plus others like us trying to see if the ship was nearing the bridge.

As the sun rose, the fog was what we call patchy. Originally we wanted to wait on the Staten Island side of the VN bridge right on the shore to watch it pass under the bridge and see who it cleared, however, the dense fog prevented that so I proceed to work

. Fortunately by the time I got to the office it has cleared up in parts of Upper New York Bay, but had it been a clear day, we would have gotten some great shots.

I got up early this AM to watch the QM2 as she sailed in. I had the controllable webcam on the Empire State Building aimed at the piers but the stupid fog got in the way! At least the krooozcam has a great shot of the piers.

Oh, if you take a look before 5PM today, you'll see a small ship also docked at the piers. It's the ship that introduced me to cruising: The Maxim Gorky!!!!! (It's in my sig line!!)

Can't wait to see the sailaway on Sunday towatch the QM2 and QE2 sail the Hudson together.

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!

Millennium 2003

Century 2002

Summit 2001

Century 2000

Zenith 1996

Horizon 1994

Horizon 1993

Sunward 1992

Star Princess 1990

Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975