Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quench

Group Cruise Info

I'm in the process of planning a group cruise. The embarking port is close to everyone's home so no airfare will be needed. Has anyone ever book a group cruise directly through Carnival? Did you experience any problems with them? If the price drops will Carnival honor the lower price if book group direct? A deposit is required within 30 days of booking are they flexible with this? If people need more time to make deposit will they work with you and still honor rates and promotions?

I have booked two group cruises through Carnival Groups and they worked very well with the deposit extensions on both cruises. My only complaint (though it altered nothing) was during the first booking I had two different planners and through this one I am doing now I am on my third planner. They are all very pleasant, I am just one of those that prefers one person so I don't have to repeat, repeat, repeat...especially when dealing with your group people.

I also have not been fortunate enough for the price to drop on any of our cruises so I can't answer that one.

Have a great time!

Cheri

My group has booked every year we've gone as a group and all sales that apply go to the entire groups rate. This past cruise (Vicotry to Eastern Caribean in January of this year) was the first year we booked driectly with a Carnival rep. We were so thrilled with him that we have booked the next one!! We can only afford to go as a group every two years (it's very sad to have to wait that long) but we are confirmed and booked (even have room assignments!) on the Freedom for 8 days leaving out of Ft Lauderdale, hitting San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua and Nassau.

PM me if you would like his extention. I guarentee you if you tell him I sent you he will get a great chuckle out of it. We've developed quite the PVP/Guest relationship!!

Thestral I see this is just your 2nd post so, you may not realize you are breaking the guidlines by offering this. You might want to read community guidelines:) .

We just returned from a group cruise on the Victory that we booked directly with Carnival. They honored price drops even after final payment. They seem to be flexible if you tell them ahead of time what you are needing (more time, etc.).

Thestral I see this is just your 2nd post so, you may not realize you are breaking the guidlines by offering this. You might want to read community guidelines:) .

Nope, didn't know. Thanks for letting me know. I won't do it again. I'll edit it out if it will let me.

Thanks!

Thanks to all who answered my question. I feel much better now. I'm going to print all of your responses and present it to my group!