"LIVE" from the Jewel- April 7, 2007

Hello everyone... Here are some pics from Antigua. Sorry it took so long to post. It seems that my orignal upload site has closed down. I have heard that Clubphoto has closed its doors.

Here are some photos that I uploaded to Imagestation this morning...

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Jewel of the Seas in Antigua

e9f268c2.jpg

Star Princess and Jewel of the Seas in Port

e9f25607.jpg

Star Princess, NCL Jewel, and Empress of the Seas Join us...

e9f2561b.jpg

Driving up the coast

e9f255f8.jpg

Beautiful Coastline

e9f25596.jpg

OK...Just a few more...I promise !

Radio

The Cathedral is St. Johns, Antigua

e9f254c7.jpg

Star Princess Bow

e9f256eb.jpg

NCL Jewel

e9f25406.jpg

Painting Jewel of the Seas Anchor

e9f25409.jpg

Jewel of the Seas

e9f25424.jpg

We are on board this Sunday for 16 wonderful days and I am ready!!!!!!!

Busy at work and at home and need to get away

Not packed yet..but that is easy part of this trip....for me

Bring her back to us in Fort Lauderdale on time!!! LOL

Marlene

Radio,

When you pass by St Kitts and Nevis, are the islands on the port side?

The new pictures are coming in wonderfully.

Thanks

The islands were on the starboard side. . . .

Radio

:cool: :cool:

Hello everyone. The ship has been cleared....We had to go to Immigration this morning at 715... With us to day in St Thomas are the Norwegian Jewel, Caribbean Princess (in the dock across the Harbor), and the NCL Spirit.

Here are some pics of our arrival into St Thomas. . . .More pics tonight...

Radio

e9f215f9.jpg

Downtown Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas

e9f215f2.jpg

I saw this pool on the Pier... I'm not sure who it is for ? ?

e9f21571.jpg

Norwegian Jewel pulling in behind us. . . .

e9f21570.jpg

Here is the link to the St Thomas Web Cam >>> http://www.earthcam.com/usa/virginislands/stthomas/

Sorry if I missed this from an earlier post, did you pay for a day pass at Sandals? Is that what you had to show to get into the resort?

Which pier does the Jewel use when docking in San Juan?

Really enjoy reading your daily reports and the beautiful pics!

Thanks.

Radio - Love your reviews as usual! ;)

I was wondering if you have changed your camera again? No offense, but while your photos are good, this time they do not look as clear and crisp as your older review photos. I have noticed a change in my own photos after my last cruise. I have the Sony that you recommended a couple of years ago. Can it be the memory card wearing down and not producing "perfect" photos?:(

Thanks Radio once again.............really appreciate the time and effort you took to switch your pictures to a new album..........You're the best!!

I have been to Antigua and wasnt impressed(never got past the pier)......anyway,you have changed my mind........Sandals looks like its gonna be really nice!Plus the rest of the countryside looks beautiful.

THANKS!

Hi Radio

Love the review. Jewel is my favorite ship in the whole fleet.

Last time I was in St Thomas they were just finishing that pool. We were wondering the same thing what it was for?? If you find out please let us know. Also there is a great bartender on there Jorge from Uruguay if you happen to run into him have him make you an apple martini (well that is if you like them) they are wonderful.

Will be on the JOS TA cruise on 4/15. Only 3 days until we board!! Thanks for the great review and pictures. Have you gone to either of the "pay" restaurants? Would you recommmend one over another?

Hello to my fellow TA cruisers!!!

Thanks Radio for the awesome pics. I have to agree with you about Antigua......one of the BEST islands in the Caribbean. We went to the Pineapple Beach Resort while in Antigua and I was absolutely blown away!!!! Antigua has the most sandy, clean white sand beaches you will ever see, and the most crystal clear water we have ever experienced. I could walk really really far out in the ocean before the bottom began to slope. Cant wait to go back....until then I'll keep looking at Radio's photos.

Thanks Radio for the awesome pics. I have to agree with you about Antigua......one of the BEST islands in the Caribbean. We went to the Pineapple Beach Resort while in Antigua and I was absolutely blown away!!!! Antigua has the most sandy, clean white sand beaches you will ever see, and the most crystal clear water we have ever experienced. I could walk really really far out in the ocean before the bottom began to slope. Cant wait to go back....until then I'll keep looking at Radio's photos.

Thanks for the nice comments.:D I was just told while at Sandals, that they just bought Pineapple Beach Resort... They weren't sure if it would be a Sandles Resort (Couples) or a Beaches Resort (Families).

On the beaches in Antigua, the sand felt like flour, or powder between your toes ! !;) It was an awesome beach.

I just got back on the ship.... After a shower, and some lunch, I will post comments and Pics ! !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hello everyone! Today was a great day in St Thomas. The weather was perfect…No Rain, Sunny, and warm.

I started off by renting a scooter (again), about a bock west of the Havensight Mall. I went over to Red Hook (this is where you get the ferry to St John BVI), I stopped there to get a few pics of the Passenger and Vehicle Ferry ( I only saw the vehicle ferry though) I then went over to Coki Beach. This is where the Coral Park attraction is. I took a dip, and enjoyed the water.

On the Way over to Coki Beach, I stopped to take a few pics of Saffire Beach, and Bolongo Bay beach. I had the best time though, at Morningstar Beach. It is just below the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef (It is also owned my Marriott). It was delightful, with good music, hot sun, and nice cool water. I make a big mistake there and dozed off (and got bad sunburn). I had to get in the water REAL fast. !

On the way back to Havensight Mall, and the ship….I had to stop up at Paradise Point (where to cable cars go). I love it up there. It offers great views, and has a great Tropical Bird Show (free)!

I made it back to the ship, and we pulled away at 5PM. The Captain said that we have 897 nm until we get to our next port of call (Nassau).We are at full steam to get to the Bahamas (22.5knts)

Here are some pics of today. . . Tomorrow will be a relaxing day for me.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in!!

Radio

Coki Beach

e9f08145.jpg

e9f08123.jpg

e9f08122.jpg

Morningstar Beach

e9f080fb.jpg

e9f080fa.jpg

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

Observation Point at Frenchmans Reef

e9f080f2.jpg

Frenchmans Reef

e9f080d3.jpg

Looking down on Morningstar Beach

e9f080ce.jpg

Paradise Point

e9f080c5.jpg

e9f080b8.jpg

Here are the last for today...Many more can be viewed by clicking below ! !

More pics tomorrow ! !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jewel of the Seas from Paradise Point

e9f080c7.jpg

Norwegian Jewel backed in beside us (taken from Frenchmans Reef)

e9f080dd.jpg

Beautiful Views at every turn. . .

e9f0810d.jpg

Radio: I am so glad to see your reports again. We are booked on the Jewel for Dec 9th for the six nights. I hope we enjoy her as we are explorer cruisers.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and keep us posted.

Thanks so much again for making me feel I am right there with you!

Radio: A BIG thank you for all your pictures and commentary on all the places you visit. You are a big help to all us excursion planners and it's really nice to see pics of the places you talk about. Keep up the good work.....and I'll keep "tuning in".

Archived