Xcaret

kbkids

I'm about to reserve an Xcaret excursion but curious about something. It says on Carnival's website that it starts at 8:15 and ends at 9:15. Now, I know this takes longer than an hour, so what is this?? Is this when the bus leaves to head to the park?

Hmmmm, interesting. I wonder why it's different. From what I understand it's a "at your leisure". Xcaret is right near where the cruise docks so other people have recommended just taking a taxi. How much is the excursion?

I agree, plus you don't have to worry about missing the ship. I will definately do it through Carnival for that price. When are you going? I've heard great things about Xcaret. We really wanted to do Xel-Ha but it's a little far away. Perhaps next time. And welcome to the boards!

October 8th. Xel-ha is pretty - I did that MANY years ago on a trip to Cancun. DH and I honeymooned in Cancun as well and wanted then to go to Xcaret, but a hurricane had just come through, and we couldn't. 12 years later, we finally get to go back!!:D

$59. Shows $53.10 (to my recollection) on Xcaret's website. I figured the extra through Carnival was worth it to not have to line up transportation. ??? We'll see.

Yes it is worth it! Carnival charges $89 from Cozumel, which includes the ferry from the island. After you dock in Calica, you'll see buses that will take you to Xcaret. This is one of the few times I can remember where trying to book the excursion yourself costs as much as the cruise line charges. You will receive a day pass and will be able to return to the Holiday then go back to Xcaret if you wish.

I have been twice to Xcaret and you are going to love it! Although I don't usually go snorkeling, I did snorkel through the park through an underground river - the water's very cold! Depending on how late you are in port, you may be able to see part of the evening program, which depicts Mayan history.

I'm about to reserve an Xcaret excursion but curious about something. It says on Carnival's website that it starts at 8:15 and ends at 9:15. Now, I know this takes longer than an hour, so what is this?? Is this when the bus leaves to head to the park?

When we went, the very first bus that left for Xcaret was scheduled to depart quite early and we misunderstood (since it was advertised that you could go at your leisure) and thought that we could take any bus that departed for Xcaret and that they left every hour. Well, there was only one bus that left first that day. Once one arrived at Xcaret, you could come and go at your leisure, but it was the "getting there" that confused us, so one of the buses for a different tour took us there are dropped us off. We bought tickets at the entrance and, at that time, they were $5.00 cheaper than we could get through the ship. We had reserved this shore excursion and had no trouble getting a refund from CCL since we missed the first bus. It was a little confusing to us - the part of "go at your leisure". Just be sure to verify the actual departure time so this does not happen to you. Once there, we had a wonderful time, spent all day there, never bored and don't think that we saw all there was to see. Great place for all ages.

Yes it is worth it! ... Depending on how late you are in port, you may be able to see part of the evening program, which depicts Mayan history.

If your ship is in port late enough, it's worth every effort to stay for the evening program - I think it's one of the best production shows I've ever seen. (Not to mention all of the interesting history that gets thrown in with the entertainment!:D)

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

If your ship is in port late enough, it's worth every effort to stay for the evening program - I think it's one of the best production shows I've ever seen. (Not to mention all of the interesting history that gets thrown in with the entertainment!:D)

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

I'm assuming since our ship sails at 5:00, we'll miss this, huh?

I'm assuming since our ship sails at 5:00, we'll miss this, huh?

Yes, unfortunately.

I think the show started at 6 when we went. I don't know if they start later during summer months since it's really a night-time show (there's a lot of fire and it's really dramatic in the dark). We were there in November, so sunset was pretty early (6:30 or so).

We also booked an excursion to Xcaret from Carnival.

It departs from Cozumel at 8:00 a.m. and returns at 3:00 p.m.

We do not leave the port until 10:00 p.m., so wonder why we have to return this early. It would be nice to be able to stay longer--and maybe take in the evening show.

From Cozumel, Carnival charges $89.00 (adult) and $80.00 (child--12 and under).

Okay, I've got another question. Just looking through Xcaret's website again, and they also have an Xcaret Plus ticket. It's $27 more - but it includes buffet lunch and 4 coupons for drinks or chips. What's the lunch prices like normally? If I go this route though, I'm guessing I'd have to take a taxi there as it looks like it's only able to be booked through them, not the cruiseline. What do you think? Stick with booking through Carnival and just buy lunch and drinks - or do the plus ticket and take a taxi there.

Okay, I've got another question. Just looking through Xcaret's website again, and they also have an Xcaret Plus ticket. It's $27 more - but it includes buffet lunch and 4 coupons for drinks or chips. What's the lunch prices like normally? If I go this route though, I'm guessing I'd have to take a taxi there as it looks like it's only able to be booked through them, not the cruiseline. What do you think? Stick with booking through Carnival and just buy lunch and drinks - or do the plus ticket and take a taxi there.

That $27 also covers snorkel equipment. However, there are several places to eat at Xcaret and I'd just stick with the Carnival booking.

Just off the ship in Calica, you'll see a bunch of tents with people selling crafts and a man who sells $2 Corona's. Lots of people hang out there. If you're already aware of this, please pardon- the ship docks in an industrial area, a limestone quarry.

That $27 also covers snorkel equipment. However, there are several places to eat at Xcaret and I'd just stick with the Carnival booking.

Just off the ship in Calica, you'll see a bunch of tents with people selling crafts and a man who sells $2 Corona's. Lots of people hang out there. If you're already aware of this, please pardon- the ship docks in an industrial area, a limestone quarry.

I was thinking snorkeling was covered under the $59 one too - is it not?? We definitely do want to snorkel there.

EDIT: I just went back and looked, and it's not. I totally overlooked that!! Glad you said something. Is it something you could add on once you got there? Either the extra $27 or maybe just the snorkeling equipment itself.

I was thinking snorkeling was covered under the $59 one too - is it not?? We definitely do want to snorkel there.

EDIT: I just went back and looked, and it's not. I totally overlooked that!! Glad you said something. Is it something you could add on once you got there? Either the extra $27 or maybe just the snorkeling equipment itself.

They have fins, masks and Xcaret snorkels you pay for and they hold your belongings while you are snorkeling. You keep the snorkel as a souvenir. You can bring your own gear.

I remember the snorkeling rental was somewhere around $10.

They have fins, masks and Xcaret snorkels you pay for and they hold your belongings while you are snorkeling. You keep the snorkel as a souvenir. You can bring your own gear.

I remember the snorkeling rental was somewhere around $10.

Well, that sounds reasonable. Thanks!!

What ship? We are doing the Inspiration on 4/28 and we plan on doing Xcaret also but it is not available to reserve online. You have to do it at the purser's desk when you board. :confused:

Hey there!

I'll be there too! But I wonder why we have to wait to do it onboard? Who did you ask to find that information out? Seen you signed roll call so I guess we'll see each other at the m & g!

Any other thoughts about our cruise?

HAPPY EASTER!

Archived