Art Auction Advice

Premontre65

I do know they often sell sports memoribilia as well. Signed balls and pictures done up in great shadow boxes and fancy displays and I will tell you that stuff (from what I have seen on two cruises) is really nice, but WAY overpriced.

I do however agree with everyone who said its fun to browse though.

There have been a number of scandals regarding that stuff. I did a number of sports auction for charity in DC and unless we knew that a player actually signed it we wouldn't make it available. If it's too neat I wouldn't trust their authenticator especially if the player was dead. I can't believe that a player as reticent as Joe DiMaggio would sign all thet stuff and Mantle couldn't have been sober long enough to sign the stuff they say he did.

I think the rule everyone says about art is the same for autographed sports merchandise. Its really not a great investment. If it has sentimental value and you like then its "real". But I have heard alot about the fraud in that industry too, and its too bad.

Archived