Looks like a bumpy, wet ride to Bermuda!

michigan tim

I live in Bermuda and have just looked out my living room window to see the ship going very slowly down the south shore - it looks as though it is in the lee of the island to avoid the very strong north winds. I'm not sure when it is due to dock but maybe it can't get into Dockyard. I was looking on here to see if anyone on the ship had posted anything.

Mary

We've been tracking Magica on my husband's GPS and noticed it seems to be going away from the island....going SE at this point.:confused:

We were curious because we're on her next week.

She started changing itinerary (going to Nassau), which arroused our curiosity.

Thanks, Bermuda poster, for the heads-up.:)

We look forward to visiting Bermuda next week.

Keep us posted.

It docked this morning and there were lots of tourists in Hamilton. The weather has improved although it has rained a couple of times today but there is still a very cold wind from the north. It is due to be 69 on Monday and sunny - not sure when you guys arrive here but it's certainly about time the weather warmed up!

Mary

It docked this morning and there were lots of tourists in Hamilton. The weather has improved although it has rained a couple of times today but there is still a very cold wind from the north. It is due to be 69 on Monday and sunny - not sure when you guys arrive here but it's certainly about time the weather warmed up!

Mary

Mary, I hope you don't mind me asking. Is the flea market on Middle Road opened during the week?

Well I think I can get you some sunny weather but not sure about it being warm - its 66 today, sunny but a very very brisk wind from the NW (again) we need it SW to make it warm for you guys. They say its going to be ENE to NE next week which won't be warm either but then its all comparative.....

As for the flea market I assume you mean the stands up by Barnes Corner in Southampton? I don't go up that end of the Island very often but I think it's there most days.

Let me know if you need any more info

Mary

Well I think I can get you some sunny weather but not sure about it being warm - its 66 today, sunny but a very very brisk wind from the NW (again) we need it SW to make it warm for you guys. They say its going to be ENE to NE next week which won't be warm either but then its all comparative.....

As for the flea market I assume you mean the stands up by Barnes Corner in Southampton? I don't go up that end of the Island very often but I think it's there most days.

Let me know if you need any more info

Mary

Thanks Mary,

I think thats the one (Deja-Vu). We live in Florida and we have some huge flea markets here. A bit different than shopping in town and you can sometimes find a real treasure. A good way to meet the locals also.

Hi, Mary

Is the Peppercorn ceremony still on for Wednesday? Have you ever been? Is it very crowded?

Also, the street fair that happens in Hamilton on Wednesday night, has it started yet?

Thanks for your help.:)

Hi - not sure about the Peppercorn - the tourist things start in the next couple of weeks and no I've never been I'm always at work and when I get vacation I shoot off to North Carolina LOL

As for Harbournights you're in luck it starts this Wednesday and there is always lots of hoopla with the first and last ones and they put on extra things.

And weatherwise - Tuesday is supposed to be 72 and Wednesday 74 - still got the wind in the wrong direction though! Today there have been the odd showers when you least expect them.

Archived