Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruisedude4

off the rhapsody

Wow..this is great.As I posted in another thread.People seem to get off the Rhapsody,and cease to exist.I asked this question already,but will again here,as I kinda intruded on another thread.

Who was the new CD,and how was he?Still only 1 midnight buffet?

Are you still able to embark early?We have been on 2 times as early as 1130..have heard this is later now that 2 ships are in port.

Hope ya had a great trip.We miss her!

How was the steward service? Did they seem over-worked?

anyway...thanks again..

brn2crz--

I have also just gotten off of the Rhapsody today. :( Everything was absolutely wonderful. The new cruise director's name was Peter. He was great!! Still one midnight buffet. We were the yellow tags and we were off of the ship before 10:30 a.m. In fact, we were in our car and driving home around 10:30 a.m. Steward service was great. We didn't have a problem at all. I promise in the next few days I will have a long and wonderful review for all of you future Rhapsody cruisers!!!!!!!!

Sorry I just reread your question about boarding. Too many foo foo drinks. :D We were not allowed to board until 12 p.m.

Cruisedude4--

Were you at the M&M? Did I meet you? Maybe I had too much to drink or too much sun and don't remember. I was only at the M&M for about 20 minutes before I had to go to dinner.

Happy Sailing,

Sports Mama

I'm so excited that your cruise was so wonderful! It only makes it harder and harder to wait for my turn! Can't wait to read your review! Welcome back! 4_1_205.gif

I also loved Peter! I wasn't at the M & M because I felt I couldn't fit it in to all the activities I was doing!!!! I barely had 20 minutes between activities to eat lunch!!!

Glad to hear she is still as good as the last time we were on her. We are booked for the 10/2004 cruise in an aft junior suite and I just booked one for 10/16/05 aft corner suite for a super low price and this is the new route the ship will begin next year going to Montego Bay instead of Key west on alternate weeks.

Thank you Fausto!!!! I would like to say it is good to be back, but heck I would be lying!!! :D Too bad we couldn't stay on for a back to back cruise!!! Had to go back to school and get ready to teach the wonderful little children!!!! Hope your next cruise is wonderful!!! Hopefully, I will get a chance to write a long review soon.

Happy Sailing,

Sports Mama

Hey Sports Mama! Welcome back to reality. 4_2_4.gif I wanted to ask you if the Solarium pool and hot tubs remained "adults only" during your cruise? I plan on spending a lot of time there and I would appreciate some peace and quiet! 18_4_100v.gif

Hi Sophie:

On all of our cruises...May, June, July 2004, the solarium was for adults only. However, kids do enter the solarium so that they can order up a burger, etc... The kids usually stay quiet....much be the hunger. They either sit at the tables in the solarium, or they take their food elsewhere out of the solarium. Also, it is a little humid inside the solarium...but it is tolerable. Hope this helps.

Fausto

Hi Sophie:

On all of our cruises...May, June, July 2004, the solarium was for adults only. However, kids do enter the solarium so that they can order up a burger, etc... The kids usually stay quiet....much be the hunger. They either sit at the tables in the solarium, or they take their food elsewhere out of the solarium. Also, it is a little humid inside the solarium...but it is tolerable. Hope this helps.

Fausto

Fausto, I'm thinking maybe it won't be as humid when we go in December. Hope so, anyway! 4_1_100.gif

I'm off the rhapsody today. :(

Any questions?

Hi! Hope you had a terrific cruise!!! May I ask a few questions? Did you drive and park or were you dropped off? If you drove and parked...where and how did you get to the port? It you were dropped off...and picked up....how was that? Our only complaint, if one wants to call it that, has been mass confusion at the Port.......just wondering if any of that has been addressed and hopefully improved upon since our cruise last year. What time did you board? Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions we are going to be throwing your way......excitement is in the air!!!

Just me, Di

Sophie--

Yes, the Solarium pool is still for adults only (ages 16 and older). Everything is like Fausto said.

Di--

Drove to the pier ourselves and used EZ-Cruise Parking. ($35 a week) I highly recommend them. We arrived around 11 a.m. at EZ-Cruise Parking and a shuttle came a few minutes later to pick us and our luggage up. They took us and our luggage directly to the pier and dropped us off. Walked right into the building, checked in and sat down in the waiting area. We could not board until 12 p.m. Exactly at 12 p.m. they opened the doors and we started embarking. I must tell you that several people got there later (around 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.) and it was a mad house. I would definitely suggest getting to the pier between 11:00 - 12:00. When we came back EZ-Cruise has a meeting place right by the pier and they pick you and your luggage up and take you back to your car. It was a painless process. You can check them out on their website and make reservations at www.ezcruiseparking.com

Sports Mama

Sophie--

Yes, the Solarium pool is still for adults only (ages 16 and older). Everything is like Fausto said.

Di--

You can check them out on their website and make reservations at www.ezcruiseparking.com

Sports Mama

Thanks for the info...it sounds like EZ is the way to go!:D

thekidsmom--

I am sorry, but we did not purchase the wine package. I believe we only bottle one bottle of wine at dinner.

Sports Mama

SportsMama, can you believe i still havent made Cozumel but once in 3 Rhapsody cruises..We got home Friday nite. will post my episode later but enjoying reading your post again..

You guys were cool and Peter and his staff did a sensational job.. Can you just drop in and enjoy the Plattersat any club??? I want to go again.. How was native way sports?? i dont believe my GC day was like it was..

got to run now. keep in touch..

BJ said to tell you hello...............when are you crusing again>>>>??

LRSkier

lrskier--

I just loved meeting you guys. I can't wait to hear the rest of your story. I won't tell you how wonderful Cozumel was. No we didn't go to a nude beach, I don't think they had any!! Thank God, who would want a big ole woman on a nude beach - oh grose!!!! LOL :D Our discovery scuba dive was absolutely wonderful. I am fixing to write my review tonight and hopefully I will put the link for the pictures with the review. I have some pics of the horse race for you. As soon as I get a chance I will email them to you. BJ told me your email address. You would have loved the jockey they got for one of your horses. You were right, my husband thought she would have looked good in a thong bikini too. I took the pics just for you and him!!!! GC and Native Way Watersports was awesome. Thought about you guys and your dilemma a lot during the cruise. I wished our families could have spent some time together, but because of your unfortunate demise (BOO RCCL) we couldn't. Well, BJ and I visited some. Heck, neither one of us could win at BINGO (I mean RIP OFF). I was really pulling for BJ to win. Heck, if I couldn't win she should have. LOL :D The Platters were in the Theatre and were they great!! Gosh, they were a little before my time, but I just loved it!! The Comedian Vintriloquist on the 6th night made me almost pee on myself laughing. Thank God, my bladder still works pretty good or other wise it could have been pretty messy as hard as I was laughing. :eek: Tell BJ I said hello too. Heck, who knows when we will get to cruise again. We love to cruise, but we also take other trips, like skiing. Oh, yeah, I last about 3 days on the bunny hills and then my knee goes out and then I frequent the lodge, while my husband and son ski all over. How is Chris doing? Hopefully, everything is still okay.

Sports Mama

HEY SKIER>>>> i'm so glad you and your family are OK!!!!! what an unfortunate thing to happen.... I will not go into any details about the cruise just glad everyone is OK.....:) SPORTS has been giving everyone the lo-down,,,,, doing a good job too!!!!! Well at least we did get to meet for awhile..... ALL YOU GUYS keep in touch....:D

Sports did your underwater pics come out????

Nina--

Our underwater pics turned out great. We are still in the process of getting them all on the computer and webshots for everyone to see. As soon as my DH gets them all downloaded on Webshots I will give you a link. If you will email me at bettinacol@direcway.com and let me know your email address I will give you the web address for the pics. Nina I really enjoyed meeting you and your daughter.

hey SPORTS,,,,, i'm so MAD,,, i did not buy an underwater camera,,:mad:

last time we had one of those disposable ones in Roatan,, none of the pictures came out...:( i just wrote the darn things OFF as not working,,

ANYWAY i'm GLAD yours came out,, heres my email address below

pjimenez34@hotmail.com