How many people

actually workout while on a cruise?

I am down to the weight I want to be but have become untoned over the past couple of months lol. Been lazy and I flucuate by abut 5 pounds if I am lazy for about 2-3 weeks. We will be gone for a total of 2 weeks and I need to do something even if it is just a 30 minute work out.

So who else does "something" while on board?

Dh thinks I am crazy but I plan to eat what I want when I want so I know I will gain atleast 5 pounds or so BUT it won't be too hard to get it off "IF" I stay somewhat motivated.

Sorry for the story

I use the stairs and not the elevator. That way I get my exercise and can eat what I want. But, a lot of people do go to the gym to work out. Or, there is a jogging deck if you want to walk and look at the ocean at the same time.

actually workout while on a cruise?

I am down to the weight I want to be but have become untoned over the past couple of months lol. Been lazy and I flucuate by abut 5 pounds if I am lazy for about 2-3 weeks. We will be gone for a total of 2 weeks and I need to do something even if it is just a 30 minute work out.

So who else does "something" while on board?

Dh thinks I am crazy but I plan to eat what I want when I want so I know I will gain atleast 5 pounds or so BUT it won't be too hard to get it off "IF" I stay somewhat motivated.

Sorry for the story

i also got to my goal, there are alot of people that workout and people that don't. I like to walk on deck, go to the gym, and take the stairs between decks.

My wife and I workout every day during our cruise in January. We had late seating for dinner so we were even able to go to the gym after the sail away. We would usually go before breakfast. My wife had also reach a weight goal for the cruise and didn't want to go over it. She still watched what she ate, but we did splurge often (hey it's a cruise). We did gain a few, but lost it quickly once we got back home and got back into the habit of visiting our local gym. We were also chose excursions that active, and were only on the elevator twice in the seven days.

Have a great cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

I divide my waking hours on the ship equally - you'll either find me eating or working out. I don't usually gain any weight on a cruise and that's eating 2 lunches, countless slices of pizza, hot dogs and burgers, 2 or 3 dinners, late night snacks and platefuls of deserts every day. Actually, good food and a big well equipped gym is more important to me than the ship's destination. :eek: :D

Haha well I gained 6.5 pounds. But I think 5 of that is from the reg coke instead of diet. Now if I can just get my butt back in gear to working out lol. I got lazy and took the clothes but that was as close to the gym as I got. I no wait I did go inside the gym but that was cause I was looking for something else lol.

Oh and Apparently I look pregnant even at 126.5 cause at my apt today the nurse wrote that I was there for and OB appt:eek: :(

So come Monday I am hitting the gym hard, but for the weekend the Brownies are calling my name:D

My ideal weight is 150 lb, but I know that I will gain 10 lb on a two-week cruise. Therefore, I wasted down to 144 lb before going and came back last Saturday at 154 lb. I only need to reduce 4 lb to get back to the ideal.

I like to eat everything that I like on a cruise, but we need to be selective - do not waste calories unnecessarily. Don't eat pasta, lots of bread and butter and cream cakes that are not really that nice. Stick to the good things and only take one chocolate instead of 4.

I did one hour's workout in the gym on sea days - none at all on port days as we usully walk a lot on shore. Try to eat healthy breakfasts - none of that fatty fried stuff - stick to the fruit and yougurts.

You should enjoy yourself and not get preoccupied with weight. Losing it before going is a great advantage - the clothes fit for nearly all of the cruise.

On land I do a lot of running on a treadmill, but on a ship it's too much of a moving target so if there's a jogging track on deck I use it. Last week on the Norwegian Spirit I got in about 40 miles. I also didn't set foot in an elevator. I ate breakfast and lunch twice each day, two entrees and desserts at dinner and weighed the same when I got home

• 3 weeks later...

Last year on our cruise I ran 14 miles over 4 days and did weights 3 times. I also climbed the iceberg at Labadee and climbed the rock wall on the ship. Took the stairs the majority of the time and ate and drank all I wanted.

I was 6 pounds up when I came home, but back to my regular weight in 5 more days (lots of water retention for me!).

I love the feeling of getting in a good workout on the cruise. That night when you're dining and/or drinking you tend to relax a lot more! Hee hee

I love the feeling of getting in a good workout on the cruise. That night when you're dining and/or drinking you tend to relax a lot more! Hee hee

I agree. I think I work out a little harder in anticipation of dinner and dessert. Then I can tell myself that I earned that cheese cake.:)

Try to eat healthy breakfasts - none of that fatty fried stuff - stick to the fruit and yougurts.

For me, it's just the opposite. I don't belong to a gym at home, so I go and workout everyday when on a cruise.

I agree that for most people, you gotta watch the breakfasts; eggs, bacon, sausage, syrup EVERYDAY adds tons of fat and calories, and none of it good.

The smart thing to do is to load up on the plentiful fruit that is available, since that's usually the most expensive items that is served for breakfast.

Also, PORTION CONTROL!!! To those who say that the dinner portions are too small, and you need to order 2 entrees, well sorry, YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH!

My next cruise is a 10 day and I really plan on working out this time.

In the past I have only used the jocking track, but I think I will add the gym to my routine.

Must admit, I do love running on the track when there is some wave action. It helps me get prepared for walking back to my stateroom after going to a lounge for a few cocktails!:p

I agree that for most people, you gotta watch the breakfasts; eggs, bacon, sausage, syrup EVERYDAY adds tons of fat and calories, and none of it good.

The smart thing to do is to load up on the plentiful fruit that is available, since that's usually the most expensive items that is served for breakfast.

Also, PORTION CONTROL!!! To those who say that the dinner portions are too small, and you need to order 2 entrees, well sorry, YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH!

I think you are right about portion control. I find that to be a real challenge at breakfast and lunch. Dinner is great, I eat what they bring me and I'm always satisfied. If I gain, it probably due to breakfast and lunch.

My wife and I workout in the fitness center each morning for over an hour. She works out on the treadmill and I work out on the elliptical for an hour and then every other day we lift some weight using the weight lifting machines.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I love working out on cruises.On my next one I want to get up and run the track as the sunrises (yea, like that's really going to happen). The gym is usually moderately busy whenever I'm there.

A lot of people lose 5-10 lbs prior to the cruise so they can simply regain on the cruise. I've seen people bring different size clothes to grow into as the cruise progresses.

Now don't flame me but, I usually have breakfast and dinner. The thought of eating lunch or snacks on a cruise is too much for me (not at home though). I'm convinced they put something in the food! lol

• 1 month later...
I use the stairs and not the elevator. That way I get my exercise and can eat what I want. But, a lot of people do go to the gym to work out. Or, there is a jogging deck if you want to walk and look at the ocean at the same time.

Climbing the stairs isn't going to burn enough calories to allow you to eat what you want. Unless what you want isn't perhaps a single cookie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

after the thanksgiving and christmas holiday s the wife and i normally want to get away the first couple week s of jan..

naturally at this time we re both quite overweight base d on how well we

fill out our cloth s..then it is nt till the end of feb. befor we re both

back to our normal weight..:(

Archived