Constellation Michael's Club 4/13-4/25

Tab Hunter

Celebrity doesn't offer it at all... your favourites will probably be on some other company ship simultaneously!

I guess my timing keeps me on the 'wrong' ships at the right time....:D

Here's the dealio....Perry is a great Cabaret Act....who but Celebrity can say that they have a Cabaret Act!!!

I guess my timing keeps me on the 'wrong' ships at the right time....:D

Here's the dealio....Perry is a great Cabaret Act....who but Celebrity can say that they have a Cabaret Act!!!

I have never booked a cruise because a specific entertainer was on a ship.. I choose a cruise line because of the overall quality of the entertainment and food. If I am rewarded with a performer who creates a truly memorable evening or a meal that raise my taste buds to a new level, then I feel fortunate. If the cruise does not reach these higher quality levels, I am not disappointed, because I didn’t have high expectations in the first place. At a cost of less than $200 (pp/do-no suite:( ) a day for food, room, entertainment and transportation, I feel everything is a bargan.

I am glad there are cruisers who keep challenging the cruise lines to reach for higher goals, because I am the beneficiary of these demands. I have witnessed these phenomenal changes to the quality of entertainment aboard ships since the 70’s, when I first started cruising. I thank you (FinelyCrusing) and others for your persistence in raising the bar on entertainment.

Of course, then there is a show like Perry Grant’s, which come from the creative talents of the Cruise Director, to find this act, and the willingness of the company officials to be daring with the entertainment content. Perry’s show is the “surprise” that I appreciate when I cruise. I was not expecting it and, had it not been there, would not have missed it, but having experience it, my time on the cruise was so much more enjoyable. Now MY expectations have been raised. What a vicious cycle; but we all win. Tab

Tab, you know I couln't tell you or anyone else if my life depended on it what my per diem was on any cuise we have ever taken. I realize many equate their cruise happiness with an eqivalent to a per diem they managed to parse out. We have never equated any cruise with with a per day or night amount of fares, and I have simply never done the math to try to join in on that method of cruising.

While I realize some of us on this board equate a good time with a per diem, i.e. better for it to be low, low, low, I have no idea what the 'ideal' threshold is for it to be a 'good cruise' in the per diem world.

DH and I, do not reason or bargain that way for our cruises. We still have a GREAT time though!!!!:D

Tab, you know I couln't tell you or anyone else if my life depended on it what my per diem was on any cuise we have ever taken. I realize many equate their cruise happiness with an eqivalent to a per diem they managed to parse out. We have never equated any cruise with with a per day or night amount of fares, and I have simply never done the math to try to join in on that method of cruising.

While I realize some of us on this board equate a good time with a per diem, i.e. better for it to be low, low, low, I have no idea what the 'ideal' threshold is for it to be a 'good cruise' in the per diem world.

DH and I, do not reason or bargain that way for our cruises. We still have a GREAT time though!!!!:D

FinelyCruising, I guess it is difficult for me to get away from my accounting background. Isn’t wonderful that we can book a cruise for different reasons and both totally enjoy the environment of the ship. BTW, I leave my calculator at home:D Tab

Hi Tab

We were also on the April 13th cruise. After we found Perry Grant we were in Michael's Club every night. We saw you there filming most every night. Thanks so much for sharing you video with us. This was our fifth transatlantic cruise and the entertainment was by far the best we have seen. We have done three eastbound and two westbound. We love the days at sea but have visited a lot of interesting ports along the way. Maybe we will do the September crossing. Do you know if Perry has any plans to make a DVD? We would really like to have one. The CD doesn't do him justice.

Hi Tab

We were also on the April 13th cruise. After we found Perry Grant we were in Michael's Club every night. We saw you there filming most every night. Thanks so much for sharing you video with us. This was our fifth transatlantic cruise and the entertainment was by far the best we have seen. We have done three eastbound and two westbound. We love the days at sea but have visited a lot of interesting ports along the way. Maybe we will do the September crossing. Do you know if Perry has any plans to make a DVD? We would really like to have one. The CD doesn't do him justice.

Hi Lossiemouth,

I, also, thought the crossing was the best of my three. Thanks to you and all the others who added so much to the fun times we shared in “the Club”.

I am considering starting a support group for those of us who are suffering withdrawn symptoms from not having our nightly “fix” of Michael’s Club with Perry and friends. :eek:

I have Perry’s cd and enjoy the songs very much (and who doesn’t own a copy, raise your hands?; everyone should have a cope:D ), but as you said, being able to see him sing the songs and “carry on” with the audience makes it so much better. Since Perry was so kind to allow me to film him and those in the room (oops, did you sign a release????;) ), I gave him a DVD including a longer version of his show. I told him he should consider making a video available to his fans. This thread is a testimonial to the interest he creates; over 1000 people have checked out what is happening here. I know the ship had some very talented technician who could produce a video that might out sell the “cruise video”. Even my poor quality, shaking while I am laughing, video clip helps us all recall the enjoyable time in Michael’s Club. I have been told that Perry is aware of this thread, and I hope he reads all the nice comments people have about his show. Who knows, one day we all may be blessed with a Perry Grant video. If I hear anything about it, I will let everyone know.

If you are on the September crossing, you will be able to, once again, enjoy his show (I am so envious:D ). Hope to see you on a future cruise. Tab

Hi all, I made numerous posts to the "perry grant" thread, but it's been taken off. why I don't know, I ever wrote to the community email address with no response. Maybe someone said something objectionable, but why take them all off? If Perry does read this, WE MISS YOU! hope you're having a wonderful well deserved vacation. Tab, if you do make a video to sell, I'll be first in line. We are having withdrawals and we were on the 4/2 cruise, so it lasts a LONG time. oh and by the way, the TA is sold out for sept. we already tried :-(

Donna, too bad the TA is sold out!:( We will miss all those that won't make it, but rest assured, we WILL hold down the fort with Perry for y'all!!!!!!!:D

Hey--Tab, you in accounting too?????? That is why selecting cruises is so difficult for me----timing is EVERYTHING in my business!

Donna, too bad the TA is sold out!:( We will miss all those that won't make it, but rest assured, we WILL hold down the fort with Perry for y'all!!!!!!!:D

Hey--Tab, you in accounting too?????? That is why selecting cruises is so difficult for me----timing is EVERYTHING in my business!

Hi MBZ, Yes, it is a curse. Sometimes I can feel the two side of my brain (logical vs Random and Intuitive) fighting it out inside my head.:eek: I try to balance the good timing with the good times. Sounds like we may need another support group.:D Tab

Hi MBZ, Yes, it is a curse. Sometimes I can feel the two side of my brain (logical vs Random and Intuitive) fighting it out inside my head.:eek: I try to balance the good timing with the good times. Sounds like we may need another support group.:D Tab

Curse----funny but so true!!!!!!!:p Doncha LOVE deadlines?????:rolleyes: Creative accounting along with creative cruising & vacations is MY specialty!!!! All my clients KNOW I am always hanging out on the cruise boards planning "another one????"! That's what I hear all the time----"another one????":D

I am going to stop taking cruises so others in my work arena get thrown off base for a while...the tongue click, another one comment is getting one my nerves....:D

Are we talking about “cruise envy”? (gasp!!) Collogues who resent the fact that we are traveling the cruises they want to be on.. I read the following fact Only 16% of the U.S. population has taken a cruise yet an overwhelming percentage of vacationers express an interest in cruising".So this means 84% of our collogues, friends and family are “closeted cruisers” wishing they could enjoy a cruise as we do, but afraid to “sail out”. You will not help them by changing your behavior, you must help them face their fears and book that first cruise. This will replace the “not another one”, with “you go girl, BUT plez plez take me with you”. :D :D Tab

Does anyone know if Perry will be on the last Baltic cruise in September prior to the TA? Sure hope so! We saw him in the Caribbean in 2005 and truly enjoyed him!

Barb

Hi Barb,

Please realize that I am not Perry’s manager or Don, the Constellation’s Cruise Director, I am only a fanatical Perry Grant fan who has been crowned with the name Tab Hunter:cool:, BUT, I believe the travel gods have smiled upon you, and Perry will be on the ship for your cruise. However, If you walk into Michael’s Club and, as NorCalCruiseGuy said earlier in this thread, “there are two old guys asleep in the chairs or a skinny little blonde is playing the same three songs on the piano night after night”, you will know I was wrong:o . (but, trust me, I think you are safe, and will have a “Perry good cruise”) :D Tab

Hi Barb,

Please realize that I am not Perry’s manager or Don, the Constellation’s Cruise Director, I am only a fanatical Perry Grant fan who has been crowned with the name Tab Hunter:cool:, BUT, I believe the travel gods have smiled upon you, and Perry will be on the ship for your cruise. However, If you walk into Michael’s Club and, as NorCalCruiseGuy said earlier in this thread, “there are two old guys asleep in the chairs or a skinny little blonde is playing the same three songs on the piano night after night”, you will know I was wrong:o . (but, trust me, I think you are safe, and will have a “Perry good cruise”) :D Tab

Tab - that makes me Oh So HAPPY!! :D :D

I'll be lifting my glass to Judy any moment now!!!

Thanks for the info!

Barb

Wow what a show he does put on!

Yes Perry will be on the last Baltic cruise, also for the September crossing

looking forward to seeing many of you there!!!:)

A cruise without Perry is not for me!

Wow what a show he does put on!

Yes Perry will be on the last Baltic cruise, also for the September crossing

looking forward to seeing many of you there!!!:)

A cruise without Perry is not for me!

just wondering if it's you joyce. how is beautiful victoria? when will you be sailing with perry again? hope to see you soon... donna

Yes it is me donna

Don't usually do this but thought I would let the person know for sure that Perry will be on for the last cruise. I will be with Perry for the September crossing. Will you be there too?

Tab--

I found this thread entirely by chance and am glad I did! What great memories this brings back of the T/A and our time spent at Michael's Club.

Won't be on the September T/A but David Perry (not to be confused with Perry Grant) will be the guest lecturer. He's very good! Ocean Liners are his topic.

Frank and Norm in Sunny Santa Barbara (Almost a Gated Community!):cool:

Hi barb

looks like the plans have changed and perry may not be there for the September cruises. Don't be surprised if you find someone else in michaels' club:mad:

Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

BTW, where are you getting your info?

Barb

Archived