Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Hi!!! I posted this question earlier and started another post but then I saw this thread. Can you tell me if there's a Sushi Bar on the Legend? My oldest son loves it and so does my sister-in-law. We're having 11 people with us and it would be great to know what all specialty foods are out there. Thank you in advance!!!!:D

Yes, there is a sushi bar. It is opens, I think, at 5 or 5:30pm. I recommend the saki! :D

In the dinning room is it mainly booths? or is there tables & chairs?

There are a good amount of tables and chairs, especailly on the lower floor.

Are there a lot of large table setting or mainly smaller tables?

There is a good mix of small and large tables

Is there self disembarkation ?

Yes

Was there long lines getting back on the ship, if so did it go fairly smoothly?

Ours went smoothly, but they were different ports.

What sis you thiknk of the gym? do you know the hours it is open? Is ther a certain time to go when it not to crowded?

The Gym was open by 6AM. We did not experience any big crowds.

I just got back today...4-29 sailing

Had a blast!

The ship is beautiful,the staff are friendly and professional, and the enatertainment and food were both terrific.

The ship docks at a pier in cozumel and costa maya, and tenders in grand cayman and belize.

Embarkation and debarkation were smooth and painless. Debarkation(general) was so easy, and we were off the ship this morning by 9:00am. Alot different then the port of miami.

O2 club is right next to the gym and just one level up from the spa(10th deck). On our cruise there were only a dozen or so teens. They do not do excursions in the ports.

The shows were both very good.

The cruise director(chris patterson) was good! He performs a blues brothers tribute and was excellent.

The bathrobe and beer party was a party on the lido deck on thursday night. Alot of fun that had party music and fun dances that started around 10:30pm.

The do have a midnight buffett, also a mexican late buffett.

The piano player was awful...not howl at the moon material. Didn't spend any time there.

We were in cabin 8140 panaroma forward. Right below the spa and lido deck(food!!). Cabin steward was outstanding and had the room cleaned if we left for 10 minutes:)

Supper club was very good and had a great romantic atmosphere. Very personal service and the food was delicious...highly recommended.

The chocolate melting cake was a staple in my diet every night!! Boy i miss that dessert!!

The room steward brought us ice every day, and if you needed more you could call room service. They are fast and efficient, we used them several days.

There is only one dining room(truffles) and only two dining times....5:45(early) and 8:15pm(late)...The food every night was great.

Hope that helps!!!

Take care

Sounds Great!

Dh and I are headed out on the 27th.

Now that you are home which night do think is the best night to attend the Super Club?

Sounds Great!

Dh and I are headed out on the 27th.

Now that you are home which night do think is the best night to attend the Super Club?

We did the Golden Fleece on a port day. We made a late reservation and had plenty of time to rest and clean up before our meal. Since we had a busy day we were nice and hungry and I still couldn't eat everything!

For the dinning room we had the early seating for our first night then switched to the late seating for the rest of the cruise. It is hard to partake in sushi or tea in the late afternoon and then be hungry for a 5:45 dinner seating.

We ate at the supper club on friday, the second formal night. We decided to do it that night due to the fact we were already going to be in fomal wear so why not try the supper club.

It was fantastic!!!

Dinner took about 2 1/2 hours for 4 people.

Not rushed and very attentive servers made for an enjoyable dining experience.

We will be going on the Legend in July and can't wait!! Any information you can give on the islands would be great. We are most concerned about Belize because of the tendering. We are thinking of taking an excurson straight from the ship.

Looking forward to hearing all about the Legend! Have a great time!

We took a SCUBA diving excursion. The dive boat picked us up and dropped us off at the ship. It worked out very well. The tender dock is a long way from where the ship anchors and it would have been a hugh waste of time to go there first.

A few questions. Is the sushi cooked or raw? Is the froozen yogurt machines open 24 hours because i have experienced them closing them pretty early on me. What time is there food in the cafe untill at night(like 12,1,etc)

I would like to know, how if there is a problem with noise in cabins below Lido (scrapping of chairs while crew is cleaning). I did read it is a problem on the Conquest class ships, but found nothing about the Spirit class. Just curious, if I need to pack ear plugs. Looking forward to your reviews,Thanks !!

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!

I was in cabin 8219 back a few years ago which is right under the Unicorn Cafe. Unfortunately we didn't packed earplugs. We were woken up in the middle of the night for the first few nights of our cruise by what I am going to assume was the cleaning crew. We finally complained about the noise and it was addressed immediately. We did not hear any noise the rest of the cruise.

Have a great trip

We ate at the supper club on friday, the second formal night. We decided to do it that night due to the fact we were already going to be in fomal wear so why not try the supper club.

It was fantastic!!!

Dinner took about 2 1/2 hours for 4 people.

Not rushed and very attentive servers made for an enjoyable dining experience.

Looking forward to a romantic evening with my husband to celebrate a wonderful 25 years together:) .

We are not picky eaters but any recomendations on must haves?

Thanks for the great info.

Looking forward to a romantic evening with my husband to celebrate a wonderful 25 years together:) .

We are not picky eaters but any recomendations on must haves?

Thanks for the great info.

Most things are great, it all depends on your taste. for me personally, I would go with the Filet Mignon. Here is a pic of the surf and turf

surfandturf.jpg

We took a SCUBA diving excursion. The dive boat picked us up and dropped us off at the ship. It worked out very well. The tender dock is a long way from where the ship anchors and it would have been a hugh waste of time to go there first.

Islandwoman - did you do the 'discover scuba'? DS17, DD15 & I are doing that in about 3 weeks. Anything you could tell me would be helpful.

thanks!~

I have done the "Discover Scuba" in many different places, and I highly recommend it! I love scuba diving, but don't get the chance to do it ofen enough to actually get certified.

If you like escargot, they do it wonderfully at Golden Fleece. It wasn't very good in the main dining room though.

I really enjoyed the make-your-own sundae bar at the aft pool. And I know it sounds strange, but believe me--the wild mushroom and goat cheese pizza is unbelievable! You have to try it!

I miss this this ship! All of you who are about to sail on Legend are going to have a great time!

Check out my review below (in my sig.) but bear in mind it is almost a year old.

I have done the "Discover Scuba" in many different places, and I highly recommend it! I love scuba diving, but don't get the chance to do it ofen enough to actually get certified.

If you like escargot, they do it wonderfully at Golden Fleece. It wasn't very good in the main dining room though.

I really enjoyed the make-your-own sundae bar at the aft pool. And I know it sounds strange, but believe me--the wild mushroom and goat cheese pizza is unbelievable! You have to try it!

I miss this this ship! All of you who are about to sail on Legend are going to have a great time!

Check out my review below (in my sig.) but bear in mind it is almost a year old.

Darci..can you tell me if the Legend has the Fish & Chips like the Glory has? It was our favorite place to eat lunch every day.

I am looking at going on the Legend out of Tampa next April (2008) with my dh, ds 18, dd 21, sil 21, mom 60ish and niece 18...I would like to have someone compare the Legend with Carnival Glory if someone has been on both of these ships. We just returned from st. maarten, st thomas on a Princess Cruise and loved it, however I am thinking that Princess might not have alot of things for the 18 year olds like Carnival would. Now I can't decide to do the Legend Western or the Glory Eastern. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Darci..can you tell me if the Legend has the Fish & Chips like the Glory has? It was our favorite place to eat lunch every day.

They do not have the fish and chips. I was very disappointed when i learned about this.

I am looking at going on the Legend out of Tampa next April (2008) with my dh, ds 18, dd 21, sil 21, mom 60ish and niece 18...I would like to have someone compare the Legend with Carnival Glory if someone has been on both of these ships. We just returned from st. maarten, st thomas on a Princess Cruise and loved it, however I am thinking that Princess might not have alot of things for the 18 year olds like Carnival would. Now I can't decide to do the Legend Western or the Glory Eastern. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Laura, I will be able to do so at the end of the month. We were on the Glory at Thanksgiving and will be on the Legend the 27th. This will be our first time on a Spirit class ship. Choose the Legend over the Glory because we wanted to try a different ship. Personally I love the Eastern Carribean it was a hard decision. I can say that we enjoyed the Glory better then the Valor.

I love reading all the postings.

We had planned to cruise the Legend, April 14th.

Had to cancel due to back injury.

Had insurance:D Alway do but first time I had to us it.

We will do this same cruise next April school vacation:D

Flagal106, we just returned last Sunday (posted a review a few days ago) and they do still play the RW&B team games, the do have a disco (Medusa's Lair) but I am not sure about the singles gathering. I can check my capers when I get home tonight.

Enjoy your cruise~

Laura, I will be able to do so at the end of the month. We were on the Glory at Thanksgiving and will be on the Legend the 27th. This will be our first time on a Spirit class ship. Choose the Legend over the Glory because we wanted to try a different ship. Personally I love the Eastern Carribean it was a hard decision. I can say that we enjoyed the Glory better then the Valor.

thanks so much..we loved the eastern caribbean too...that may be my decision breaker. Port Canaveral is 3 hours away form home while tampa is 30-40 minutes, but it may be worth the drive:)

Couple questions, we're booked for December

* Can my teen avail himself of the sushi bar with or without our presence (he's an addict) or is it adult only?

* If anyone gets pics of the aft balconys, particularly 4232; please post. We switched on advice that they were more private with more upright panels between cabins & more shade from above.

* Capers please:)

* Dinner Seating Dilemma booked for early seating, hate thought of rushing. If we switch to late, will we be able to make the 1st show of the night. I've read the 2nd is far more adult oriented:confused: .

* Anyone do these excursions??? trying to decide which to book (DS isn't the strongest swimmer; not a big fan of snorkeling; but will participate):

Grand Cayman:

Coral Reef & Stingray Safari,

Reef & Wreck Snorkel Tour or

Stingray Sandbar & Rum Point Beach

* 99% sure of these ones, are they "good"?

Cozumel - Xcaret

Belize - Cave Tubing or Snuba & Beach Break

Costa Maya - Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

We were on Paradise several years ago and dh still talks about the pizza.

Can you describe how the pizza is set up on Legend? On Paradise you could go any time and fresh pizza was available or they would make you your own individual pizza or calzone (this was what dh loved). Is it the same on Legend.:confused:

Since Legend is a little older than we like:

- Is it still in good condition?

- Anyone know when it was last in drydock?

Also, we were just off Magica, which is modeled after Carnival ships (Triumph and Victory). What we hated was it always felt crowded; is Legend better? Is there a quiet place to go to during the day (besides our balcony)?