Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Hey all, I’m trying to find the Dinner Menus somewhere for the Legend so I can pick the best night to make advance reservations for the supper club this Feb. I guess another way to choose if I can’t find a menu is finding out which nights do they serve the Prime Rib / Lobster so we don’t miss out on that night. Mmmmm

Do they serve this on both formal nights or just one of them?

Thanks in advance…Rich

We sailed on the Legend last week. Prime Rib was on the menu both formal nights( Monday and Friday) Lobster was only on the menu Monday.

I'm reposting this from the Roatan board.

What is the difference in times between the ship and Roatan? I will be sailing in April '08, which means daylight savings time once again. Something seems to tell me that it's 2 hours difference.

The reason I ask is that I want to book an excursion through shore excursions that leaves at 8 AM island time. If the ship is running 2 hours ahead that would make it 10 AM ship time, correct? The tour is then 4.5 hours. Then if the ship is 2 hours ahead, it would leave at 1 PM island time or 3 PM ship time.

So a 4.5 hour tour leaving at 8 AM would leave me back at the ship in just enough time (1/2 hr before sailing).

Sorry if it's a big long and confusing, the brain is more than fried tonight and I want to make sure I have all the details right. :D

Has anyone stayed in these? I was concerned about the noise from the gym above. I'm an early riser usually, but would like to be able to sleep until 7 without alot of noise above.

Any comments about these cabins would be appreciated.

Nik's Mom

I'm reposting this from the Roatan board. What is the difference in times between the ship and Roatan? I will be sailing in April '08, which means daylight savings time once again. Something seems to tell me that it's 2 hours difference. The reason I ask is that I want to book an excursion through shore excursions that leaves at 8 AM island time. If the ship is running 2 hours ahead that would make it 10 AM ship time, correct? The tour is then 4.5 hours. Then if the ship is 2 hours ahead, it would leave at 1 PM island time or 3 PM ship time. So a 4.5 hour tour leaving at 8 AM would leave me back at the ship in just enough time (1/2 hr before sailing). Sorry if it's a big long and confusing, the brain is more than fried tonight and I want to make sure I have all the details right. :D

The ship never changes time even though the port may be in a different time zone. In other words, if you book a shore excursion through the cruise line that goes from 8am to 3pm that means ship time (eastern - FL time) although the time in Roatan might in actuality be 6am - 1pm. Do not change your watch once on the ship as the ship always stays on eastern time.

Also, if you do an excursion not affiliated with the ship make sure you do indeed have the local time figured out because you do NOT want to arrive back at (for example) 4pm local (Roatan) time which would be say 6pm eastern time and find that the ship has departed without you! Just remember that the scheduled ship's departure time you will see in the Capers A) is eastern time and B) they mean it! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

I am new to Cruise Critic Boards but have been using site for research over the past year. My wife and I just came off the latest sailing which is our 3rd cruise, 2nd with Carnival and we had a blast. If anyone has questions please let me know and I'll do the best to answer them. I will be posting a review in the next few days.

I am new to Cruise Critic Boards but have been using site for research over the past year. My wife and I just came off the latest sailing which is our 3rd cruise, 2nd with Carnival and we had a blast. If anyone has questions please let me know and I'll do the best to answer them. I will be posting a review in the next few days.

Did you like the ship? Where did you go? What port did you leave from. Was the dining good? I have heard alot about lobster being removed from menu. Is that true? How is the intertainment on this ship? I am anxious to read your review. My husband and I are going on our first cruise on this ship in January. I can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...
always thought the higher up you were the more motion you felt; ergo one of the reasons i selected a lower deck...

No, height has nothing to do with motion. As the ship cuts through the waves, it will rise and fall. The bow and the aft will rise and fall more than midships because the midships acts as a pivot point and will move less. That's why the midship cabins are preferable.

It doesn't matter what height you are on the bow or aft, all decks will rise and fall the same. They must as they are all attached to each other! Make sense?

You're definitely not prohibited from getting off the ship once you've boarded. On our Legend cruise out of Tampa two weeks ago, we checked in fairly early (10:30 or 11:00), dropped our suitcases in our cabins (our cabins were all ready cleaned and ready, but if not you can still put your luggage in there), then we got off the ship and went to the aquarium for a couple of hours. We never had to wait on any lines, since the times we boarded and reboarded were early and late (respectively). We had no problems getting on and off at all.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so MUCH, Moencat ! What you did is precisely the way we wish to do it.....and the aquarium was in my mind as well as the shopping ! Was the aquarium impressive ? Would an hour be enough in your opinion ? Thanks again !

A couple more sailings and the Legend will be in dry dock. Anybody heard any rumors about what drydock will accomplish?

I've read that the Legend's sister ship the Pride just got mini-golf installed. Any seasoned cruisers think that mini-golf or a movie screen can be installed in the two weeks it's in dry dock?

I sent an email to my travel agent @ Cruises, Inc. this morning asking her about this switch being reported here on the message board. She emailed me back and said that she had just got off the phone with Carnival and they told her that there is NO CHANGE IN THE SCHEDULE. Belize is Thursday and Roatan is still Friday!!!

Dave

I sent an email to my travel agent @ Cruises, Inc. this morning asking her about this switch being reported here on the message board. She emailed me back and said that she had just got off the phone with Carnival and they told her that there is NO CHANGE IN THE SCHEDULE. Belize is Thursday and Roatan is still Friday!!!

Dave

It may only be this one sailing.

A couple more sailings and the Legend will be in dry dock. Anybody heard any rumors about what drydock will accomplish?

I've read that the Legend's sister ship the Pride just got mini-golf installed. Any seasoned cruisers think that mini-golf or a movie screen can be installed in the two weeks it's in dry dock?

dry dock when and for how long?