Cabin Walls

gigem85

honestly, i'd like to know this, also. my wife and i will be next door to my parents.

this goes both ways, ::shivers::

OMG! That is too funny!!!!! But you're right, that's just weird. :p

We did hear noise from the cabin next door on one of our cruises....it was a crying kid! Not baby, but a little kid! I think he was just exhausted, but they got him up every morning at the crack of dawn and the wailing would begin. :cool:

Never heard anything and we have had connecting cabins - however if you are really worried. Take a small battery operated radio and play the music just load enough to drown out any noise you and anyone else might me making. lol

Better yet - dvd player and play Carribean Music!

honestly, i'd like to know this, also. my wife and i will be next door to my parents.

Thats why I don't fully understand groups wanting to have rooms all next to each other. Some people might be freaks, and you don't want to know about that.

Never have. We will now be in a balcony so we'll see how that goes. My cousin and her dh are next to us. If we get too loud she will just have to tell us. lol

Now, if my parents were going to be in the cabin next to me I think I would change cabins....just in case! Ewwww

I've heard people arguing in the cabin next to ours and I've heard people on the balcony next to ours when I was trying to sleep! They were having a party out there very late.

I've heard some "piano playing", too, if you know what I mean. Just pull the bed away from the wall first.

Usually you can hear muffle sounds, but I did hear very clearly the arguing lady trying to get her drunk companion up!:eek:

On the Celebration, in March (spring break time) the cabin next to ours contained 4 college-age girls. One night, they were all in their cabin together - it was late at night, and my daughter and I were trying to get to sleep - and were all talking VERY LOUDLY. We could hear/understand almost everything they said. The good news is that they ended the conversation before long, but I had forgotten how many times college-age folks tend to use the "f" word.

There were some other times that we could hear them - usually when they were getting ready for dinner. One thing was definite - they didn't get up early and wake us up!:p

On all the ships that I've sailed, you can hear the toilet flush in the next cabin, but that hasn't ever bothered me. Is there any noise louder than a cruise-ship flush?? :eek:

I'm a light sleeper and do hear things. The Holiday is the worst. But, even on the Liberty we could hear the next cabin, they must had hearing issues. He was always yelling at her and also had a smokers cough.

I play the TV when we get busy:D Drowns out the sound.

On all the ships that I've sailed, you can hear the toilet flush in the next cabin, but that hasn't ever bothered me. Is there any noise louder than a cruise-ship flush?? :eek:

That's true I forgot about that. And no, there isn't any noise louder than a cruise-ship flush. I think it would give your bum one heck of a hickey if you decided to stay seated during the flush.:eek:

I was on the Triumph in January in a balcony cabin and the couple next door woke me up in the middle of the night several nights!! :eek: I was praying I never ran into them in the hall - cause the look on my face would have given it away. Musta been honeymooners...;)

Last May on the Triumph we had a family next door to us that had 2 small children and other family members across the hall. OMG - it was awful. Those kids cried and whined and the parents yelled. Then there was pounding on doors and yelling through doors. They were so rude and I felt so sorry for the cabin stewardess - apparently they were filthy too. After my concerns were expressed I got a nice 45 day letter from CCL.

Lesson learned - I won't book my cabin close to quads ever again!!:rolleyes: Can't avoid the honeymooners though - just grin and bear it. :o

Which is why we purposefully chose rooms NOT next to each other, lol!

That's true I forgot about that. And no, there isn't any noise louder than a cruise-ship flush. I think it would give your bum one heck of a hickey if you decided to stay seated during the flush.:eek:

ROTFLMAO:D

I usually pack wax ear plugs whenever I travel.

In regards to the flush...

our friend almost lost his twig and berries because of it!!!

That is too funny, "twig and berries" I haven't heard that one before. Can't wait to use it on DH. And yes those toilets are scary, last time we cruised my DD was 7 and she refused to flush, so we had to go in there and do it for her. This time will be 10, hopefully she can handle it on her own. As for noise, didn't hear anything from the cabins, only once or twice did I hear someone in the hallway. Yuk, the parents issue, that is not something I want to even think about. Good thing my parents are one floor above is. Now that I am thinking about it, perhaps that is why he said "well we don't all need to be right next to eachother", nasty. My sister is down the hall because that is creepy too.:eek:

Archived