Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Field Judge

Sapphire Princess - Sydney to LA - 31 days questions

I'm starting a thread - I have booked cruise and I'm looking for some answers. Has anyone been on a long (21+ days) cruise? If so, please give me some good and bad experiences like:

- how do you pack for this cruise :confused:

- how many formal nights are there :eek:

- any recommendations for tours in :D

• Melbourne
  • Hobart
  • Dunedin
  • Auckland
  • Suva
  • Pago Pago
  • Rarotonga
  • Bora Bora
  • Papeete
  • Honolulu
  • Hilo

Wow, can't believe we go to that many ports.

thanks for the reply.

This is my 1st time posting and I'm not sure if I can post it to the 'roll call' link. Not knowing what a 'roll call' is, can I just post it there?

thanks for the reply.

This is my 1st time posting and I'm not sure if I can post it to the 'roll call' link. Not knowing what a 'roll call' is, can I just post it there?

a roll call is postings from others on the same cruise as you...

I also replied on the P and O thread.

a warm welcome to you anyway,

I'll let your roll call take care of tour recommendations, but I've done this cruise twice, once in each direction, and can tell you it is absolutely wonderful. There will be 5 formal nights. And pack for a couple of different climates...cooler (cold) in Tasmania and the south island of New Zealand, and really hot around the equator (too hot to leave your balcony door open). Aside from that, the tour appeals to active people, and dress tends to be casual during the day, country club casual at night (although formal nights are pretty much observed...the other nights are not fashion shows...just be comfortable).

Have fun!

We sailed on this type of cruise some years ago, it was fantastic. Lots of ports, different cultures and activities along the way.

I agree with the others, follow that link to your roll call as I am sure they have already looked into many private and ship excursions that could be interesting to you.

With this itineary, there are so many varied excursions both water and land related, it would almost be impossible to list them in order of your ports.

It is a great adventure, and I would love to sail on it again, but alas, my DH (Dear Husband) didn't like so many days at sea. Guess I am lucky he agreed to go when he did, as it was worth all the planning and expense of the cruise.

Have a great trip.

We've been on several longer cruises (21 days plus), and pack pretty much the same as if we were on a two week cruise. No real need for more clothes - ship's laundries are efficient and not that expensive, or you can do them yourself in the laundromats.

Reference climate changes, layering works for the cooler climes.

Hard to say on excursions - tastes differ so much, but there is usually something offered for most tastes.

Field_Judge, welcome to our roll call! Yes, it's very active (2256 posts and 57 pages as of today) with a number of people who have met on previous cruises but are welcoming to all. The link is in my signature. There's lots of information on tours, what to pack, what to do, etc. We're going to have a great cruise.