MAN to MIA via BOS

Cherrypippins

hi hope someone can advise me on this arrive BOS 11 40 am depart for MIA 13 55.. AA rep says its plenty of time to make connecting flight.. I wonder.. imigration baggage collection and changing terminals B to E (is it a monorail or bus).. makes me think its cutting it fine .. what happens if i miss connection .. next flight to MIA direct seems to leave early evening .. anyone familiar with BOS do i need to worry or is 2 hr 15 mins OK

thanks CP

I'd say you'll be fine providing your flights are on time. I wouldn't have thought that Terminal E would be particularly busy at 11.40am.

There is no monorail at BOS you might just have to do the bus (although I usually just walk!). Although I know the airport well I've done an airside connection through the international terminal. If you are reasonably fit the walk is quite straightforward. you'll cut through the parking garage, through Terminal A and across to Terminal B. I'd guess probably 10-15mins, depending on the 'dawdle' factor. With waits for the bus and pottering about the airport you might do better to just walk it. Won't do your body any harm after the flight from Manchester.

If you miss your connection then you miss your connection ;) AA will re-book you on the next flight. If the wait is hours for the direct flight and you are desparate to get to Miami then ask if there any routings via other airports. You'll probably do best just to stick it out though. There isn't much to do airside in the AA terminal. You'll find something to eat, usual airport crap, but you can pay $50 per person and use the Admirals Club. Depending upon the wait it might be well worth it. You can at least relax somewhere comfortable.

Note that your baggage will clear customs at Boston. You'll have to retrieve it off the carousel and then put it on the transfer belt just after customs.

Forgot to mention...

1) If you are flying MIA-BOS-MAN on your way home then the connection will be very easy. You'll arrive into Terminal B and depart for MAN from Terminal B too. It is only arriving international flights that have to go into Terminal E because none of the other terminals have customs and immigration facilities.

2) If you are flying Business/First or hold elite FF status with one of the oneworld airlines (see http://www.oneworld.com) there is a priority security line you can use at BOS. I rarely find it takes more than a couple of minutes to get through and could make all the difference if you are late getting into BOS.

3) I believe the transatlantic flights are on 757s sold as all economy....if it is then ask at check-in if you can sit in rows 2-6 (avoid row 1). These 757s are usually flown domestically and this acts as the First Class cabin on those flights. Internationally though it isn't competitive so it isn't sold as a premium cabin. It won't be luxurious but it will certainly be more comfortable than economy (2-2 seating with 39" pitch as opposed to 3-3 seating with 31" pitch) and it is definitely worth asking for.

Archived