Live from the Pearl

7SeasLover

Looks like (from looking at the Pearl's webcam) that it's still pretty wet outside! Hopefully it will be clearing soon and your ride will be smoother. Although we have normally found it pretty windy entering the Victoria area.

Victoria is calling for 30% chance of showers, so you've got a 70% chance that it won't rain!

So have most of your arrivals and departures at the various ports been on schedule? Have you eaten in either of the main dining rooms?

Ginny, thanks for all the invaluable information you have provided! And we'll be eagerly awaiting your pictures! In only 4 weeks we'll be boarding the Pearl!

Last year when we were in an AE on the Star, "goodies" were delivered twice a day. Usually in the late afternoon we got an appetizer-type plate and then in the evening we got a plate of "sweets".

Did you get this on the Pearl?

This is likely my last live message this trip. We opted not to get off in Victoria because we've been here several times. The queue lines for taxis and buses are long and it looks cold out there. Captain to expect rain. Even though we were 1.5 hours late leaving Ketchikan, we arrived on time in Victoria. I suspect apizod problems and someone said there were stabilizer problems as well. Lots and lots of strong vibration. I'll post some photos of the ship's rolling degree. It was a bouncy ride and the barf bags were strategically placed throughout the ship.

The Cruise Critic bowling game and free cocktails was a big success and we all had great fun. I'll upload some photos of the soon-to-be pro bowlers! Dinner at La Cucina was wonderful! I highly recommend the Land and Sea entree. Oh yum! We're going to take our own luggage off the ship as we have an early flight out.

I'm busy packing -- surprisingly, I've managed to get everything to fit despite buying 3 parkas! The leather/fur coat will go in it's hanging bag inside a plastic shopping bag and carried on the plane.

We were able to go see an AB Penthouse. It is very lovely, but it has some downsides -- like the balcony. The bathroom is fabulous and the LR is nice. The only complaint they had was the small, windy and cold balcony. I am hard pressed to give up my stern Penthouse for the AB. It did have great closet space and they were using the small attached bedroom for luggage storage. It had a small bath and that's nice too. I just don't know if I want to upgrade to that - it's not cheap and it I'm just loathe to lose my view!

More from home.

Ginny

P.S. I have the photo of Amit.

Yes, we get goodies delivered daily. We have been on time at most ports except leaving Ketchikan. Captain said they expect rain, but it doesn't look like rain. Also, they wash the front windows where the webcam is and sometimes it's wet when it's not raining. We have hit some rain though.

I suspect apizod problems and someone said there were stabilizer problems as well. Lots and lots of strong vibration. I'll post some photos of the ship's rolling degree. It was a bouncy ride and the barf bags were strategically placed throughout the ship.

The Pearl arrived back in Seattle this morning a little ahead of schedule. She docked at 5:45 AM.:)

Let's hope the suspect "problems" are not true. Maybe it was just due to the high winds and rough seas?

We're home safe and sound. Disembarkation was an absolute BREEZE! We met Alex at 7:15, went right out the door along with about 25 others who chose to carry off their own luggage. Grabbed an elevator down, showed our passport and immigration form, walked out the same door we walked in and took a Towncar to the airport. We ate a leisurely breakfast, and if I didn't already spend enough in Alaska, I shopped at the ExOfficio store before boarding!

No fuss no muss debarkation.

Found a couple of letters from NCL when we check our mail: One welcomed us back home and offered to book another cruise and the 2nd was NCL's response to my Crown cruise problems.

Yep, I'm certain there are more NCL cruises in my future. Had a great time! I'll post the photos soon.

Ginny:

Thanks for taking the time to post while on your trip. I enjoyed reading about your trip as it was taking place.

I do have two question. Do you recall when the sign up for the Mystery Dinner was. We are trying to make plans for our M&G group. Also, it looks like this was on the Skagway port day. Do you recall what time?

Thanks Again!

We're home safe and sound. Disembarkation was an absolute BREEZE! We met Alex at 7:15, went right out the door along with about 25 others who chose to carry off their own luggage. Grabbed an elevator down, showed our passport and immigration form, walked out the same door we walked in and took a Towncar to the airport. We ate a leisurely breakfast, and if I didn't already spend enough in Alaska, I shopped at the ExOfficio store before boarding!

Found a couple of letters from NCL when we check our mail: One welcomed us back home and offered to book another cruise and the 2nd was NCL's response to my Crown cruise problems.

Yep, I'm certain there are more NCL cruises in my future. Had a great time! I'll post the photos soon.

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound with no problems! We do hope you had a memorable cruise (good memories not bad), although the week seemed to go by quickly.

If you want to email me a picture of your butler, Amit, I'll be happy to print it and give it to him on June 17th. brunolvr@hotmail.com

Welcome back to the real world! -Sandy-

The Mystery Dinner SIGN-UP was listed on Day 1 Freestyle Dailey. You need to sign up right away as it's limited to 100 pax. The actual dinner was on a Wednesday. It's a ton of fun!!!!

I have the photo of Amit. Please be sure to tell him it's the one Mrs. Bender took of him. (I don't think he'll recognize my name as "Ginny".)

If you will email me at my addy below, I'll be happy to email the photo directly to you.

I ended up shooting about 500 photos. I missed the best photo op ever... a while leaping out of the sea in our wake in front of the Diamond Princess. What a shot that would have been! Sigh... guess I'll need to keep doing Alaska trips until I get that shot!

:eek:

Mystery dinner meeting time was 5 p.m. in Bliss. We were put into groups of 8 people (some were groups of 6). When everyone was there, instructions were given, the scripts and character information booklets were given out and we went in two different groups to the two main dining rooms. Tables were reserved for us. The dinner is conducted on your own time. However long it takes your group to go through the scenes.

I didn't look at my watch to see what time it ended, but it was a lot of fun and it was my 2nd murder mystery dinner. If it's offered on future cruises, I will sign up.

If you haven't done it, I recommend it. It's fun.

Have you just been staying on your balcony for all the sites, especially Glacier Bay or going up top. Generally there is a National Park guide that gets on the ship for Glacier Bay and narrates and was wondering if this guide appears on a TV channel where you can leave your balcony door open and listen to the guide and stay on your balcony.

Did you carry off your luggage or were you just with that particular group since you were in a suite? I am asking bc we are in a suite in August and need to get off quickly for our flight home and do not really want to try to lug my cases by myself

We didn't use our butler a lot. I think he delivered coffee once to me and a hot dog another time. He brought all our daily goodies and was very friendly.

Cagney's opened at different times. You'll have to look at the dailies. They give you a sheet of paper at the beginning that tells you the hours for breakfast and lunch.

We opted to carry off our own luggage. We have TravelPro luggage that stacks nicely and rolls beautifully. Was easy for us to take our own. There were maybe 25 or 30 folks who used the express debarkation. It was painless, fast, and the easiest debarkation I've ever gone through.

When we got to Glacier Bay we went up to the outside deck. As the ship turned, we went back to our room because we had a stateroom at the stern and the view was totally unobstructed. I stayed mostly on our balcony for all the views and ports.

Saw one of the Freestyle Dailies from your cruise. That wasn't the REAL Village People, was it?

No, it wasn't the REAL Village People - Just an NCL employee and 3 passengers chosen to be the 3 other guys. The construction worker and sailor were 2 guys from our group!

Maybe I missed this elsewhere but can anyone eat at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch and is it free at these times? Or do you have to be in a suite or above category? And was there a certain place you went to and signed up for the Murder Mystery Dinner on Weds?

Maybe I missed this elsewhere but can anyone eat at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch and is it free at these times? Or do you have to be in a suite or above category? And was there a certain place you went to and signed up for the Murder Mystery Dinner on Weds?

Hi F5, the breakfast/lunch in Cagney's is for AE and up passengers, and I would think you'd just watch the freestyle daily for where to sign up for the murder mystery. There is a link on the NCL board for Ginny's freestyle dailies, and it is listed in there.

It seems it's best to sign up for this right away, though, as seating is limited. Good luck! :)

Signup for the Murder Mystery Dinner was on Sunday from 8:00-8:30pm in the Bliss Ultra Lounge on Deck 7 Aft.

Archived