Shore Excurtions Info

davecobra

My family and I will be taking our first cruise on Liberty next April. We will be going to Key West, Ochios and Grand Cayman. Any suggestions on shore excurtions? Are you better off booking with the crusie line or with the locals? My wife and I are in our fortys and have a 15 yr old son.

Any info will be helpful. Thanks :)

There is a ports of call section on the message boards that can help.

I did my excursions with the locals. At Grand Cayman I used Captain Marvin's and at Ocho Rios I used Peat and O'Neal Taylor. They were cheaper and less crowded (only us and one other couple in OchoRios).

I have heard that the zipline tour in Jamaica is a lot of fun! That's what we will be doing this year. Not sure yet about Grand Cayman. I thought about doing Sea Trek (where you walk underwater with a helmet).

Browse through the ports of call boards, you can get ideas. There are tons of things you can do. Snorkel, StingRays, Horseback riding, zipline, parasail, tubing down the river... or for the less active, they usually have tours. I think HELL and the turtle farm in Grand Cayman. Fern Gully tour in Jamaica.

What week are you sailing? We will be on Liberty the week of April 20-26.

I've only been to Key West once but I dink of did a waling tour on my own there. In Grand Caymen we booked a tour through Nativeways. We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum tour. It was fabulous and I highly receommend them. I know we are doing the Falls in Ocho Rios but I haven't done enough research on it yet to know who to book through.

What kind of things do you like to do? Are you an adventurous family or a more laid back sight seeing family?

If you like a little adventure, then try the Sting Ray swims in Grand Caymen. Or any of the rafting or ziplining tours in Jamaica.

Many people like climbing the falls in Ocho Rios. MANY do not. Just look for posts on the subject on the Port of Call board.

Oh and I am one of those psycho worry wart people who ALWAYS books the excursions with the cruiseline. And of course we pay extra for that. :rolleyes:

Have a great cruise!

We Are Traveling Aprl 20th Thru 26 Also.

You should come on over and join our roll call on the roll call board. It's kind of slow now but as we get closer, it will really pick up. It's nice to get to know some people before you cruise. By the way, I have a 13 year old boy and a 11 year old girl.

Archived