Is There a Way To Determine If a Group Is Booked On Your Cruise

Host Walt

Does anyone have any info re: a group on the Prinsendam Amazon River cruise Nov. 25/09? It's been sold out since April except for the Penthouse' date=' with absolutely no opening up of cabins at all. (I'm on a wait list.) I did a google search and found some travel agencies had booked group space and then sold all of their cabins, but I haven't found anything else.[/quote']

Don't believe you will find any Affinity Groups on cruises to the Amazon...Usually Affinity groups do not book the longer cruises...

The Amazon trips on the Prinsendam, are very popular & usually sell out many months in advance..

In March 2005 we tried to book the Prinsendam to the Amazon for Nov.2005...It was fully booked & we were told by HAL that the wait list would be almost impossible to clear..

Instead, on April 15, 2005 we booked the April 26, 2006 (over a year in advance) cruise to the Amazon on the Prinsendam..It was a fantastic cruise! We enjoyed it so much that we booked again in Nov. 2007, but this time went on Oceania, which also has small ships..That too was fantastic..

Suggest you phone HAL & ask how long the wait list is....If it's very long you might consider trying book the same cruise for next April...

Good luck..Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

Rich... The Smooth Jazz cruise in 1/10 is way sold out so much so that the organizers have chartered the Nordam for two BTB cruises in 1/11.

Email is bouncing. So here's the link:

http://www.thesmoothjazzcruise.com/2011/Home/tabid/1341/Default.aspx?gclid=CO7KhbPs-ZsCFRINDQodeRqb-A

Edited by hammybee

Rich,

You are the man. I have booked the Westerdam for January 24. I don't seem to be getting any response on my thread. That leads me to believe that there is group on this sailing. Any information you may have would be good to know.

ED (supplyman):D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This 20 day cruise on the Noordam is already sold out which seems very early to me. We did this last year (10 days earlier) and I know it was available a lot longer than this.

How would I find out if the ship has been chartered all of a sudden? Tomorrow, I will email my PCC and ask if there's something going on!

Rich,

Please add the Phil Coulter Tranquility Cruise (irish music) to sail on the Zuiderdam on January 12, 2010.

I'm not sailing with them this year but thought others might want to know.

Thanks!

Do you have any idea how large this group is? I looked on the link provided at the beginning of this thread but did not see any info listed.

Thanks so much,

tt

There's another Irish Music group booked on the Noordam Southern Caribbean Jan 24, 2010. This is not listed either on that link. As I am familiar with the music of at least one of the groups performing, I would not label this one a "Tranquility" cruise. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If your ship has been chartered, your TA or HAL will notify you. They will offer you another cruise or give you a full refund. Ships are usually chartered a minimum of six months and up to 2 years out. There really is no such thing as a last minute charter.

Roz

Noordam March 25, 2009. Posted a roll call over 6 weeks ago and no replies. I am starting to wonder if there is a large group on our "spring break" cruise. Any information would be appreaciated. :D

Hello! DH and I are booked on the Noordam for March 25, 2010. I read the Boards daily before one of our cruises, but we don't usually get involved with the Meet & Greets, etc. once we're cruising.

We're looking forward to our 2nd Noordam cruise!

I am up in the air as to whether or not I should start a thread on the Carnival Boards...And I need some advice!!!!

I just ran across an article about a Swingers Cruise on Carnival (written by a Crew Staff Member) and did a search via Google and found that indeed Carnival has once again booked most of the ship to a Swingers Cruise over Halloween 2010:eek:

Would it be appropriate for me to post the info (NOT including the URL) so that passengers who'd be offended or have kids would/could be forewarned???

Help me please??? What should I do??

HOSTS, you can help me also PLEASE???

Joanie