Halibut/Salmon fishing experience

melissasneu

My husband wants to try both salmon and halibut fishing we are travelling back-2-back inside passage on HAL may 30 thru jun 13. I read that you could salmon fish by wading in shallow water in Anchorage.Anyone try this? Also can anyone recommend a vendor for halibut fishing visiting ketchikan,sitka,skagway,anchorage,and juneau. thanks.

Melissa

In Ketchikan we booked a fishing trip with Ken at Northern Lights. He said he can take us both salmon and halibut fishing. We are going in August. I think Ketchikan is known for salmon fishing and one of the other ports is known for halibut.

We are also planning a fishing excursion and like Melissa, I would like to know if anyone has used a vendor in one of the listed towns she listed that they had a good fishing experience with. Is booking a private boat better than using the cruiseline excursion? Also, is it better to wait until you are in port to select the excursion of choice secondary to weather. I don't want to book an excursion and end up with it raining all day. A few years ago we booked a private charter fishing trip in Florida and it was cold and rainy the whole day. So I'm wondering what the selection might be if I wait until we are in port to select, if thats possible.

Sheryl

Archived