Ok now it's time to pray

CruiseFever

We've got a whole bunch of board members right in the path of this deadly hurricane.

As I follow this on CNN from the safety of the midwest I wish there was something I could do.

The only thing seems to be prayer and I hope you can join me to make it count for more

I agree 1000%, Chris. I've been watching the Fort Myers NBC affiliate website and it's very, very frightening. Would those of you in that area who still have power and the ability to communicate please pass along whatever you're hearing. All the rest of us can do is continue to pray. Donia

http://www.nbc-2.com/Weather/LIVEweathermaps.shtml

We are on the East Coast and will only get winds and rain but there is a general state of panic here now. This storm is the size and strength of Andrew. We will head to the west coast tomorrow or Sunday to assist as needed. There are busses which will head there the next few days if needed, bringing folks to assist in the affected Hospitals.

We live outside of Orlando (Kissimmee) and things are not sounding too good. The storm is a category 4, with winds of 145 mph and is expected to hit downtown Orlando between 8 and 10 pm tonight. There have been a lot of tornedo warnings and some gusty winds already, but things are calm right now. We're just waiting to see what happens.

We've already packed things that would be needed if we were forced to leave our home...the most important of which is our cruise info for our upcoming cruise on the CP in Oct.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Chris - the eye is now passing over Pine Island, which means the leading edge of the storm is straight over Sue at this point. She was directly in the path of the eye. They are reporting that water in the Ft. Myers Beach area is already up to the first floors of the resort hotels there. I'm hoping and praying she's sitting somewhere high and dry.

TinaLee

Chris - I've been watching the local radar for down there like a hawk. I think - no, I pray - that the eye will go north of Cape Coral. That will still put them on the wet side of the storm, but it marginally better than a direct hit. And, yes, the last I heard, Sue was riding it out. Charley has been especially nasty with lots of surprises - including a turn and strengthening at the last minute. I'm sure there are a lot of people who didn't get out because they had no chance to. Donia

Rainbows apologize for angry skies ~ Sylvia Voirol

My thoughts and prayers also to everyone living in fear at this moment. I only hope you see those 'rainbows' in the very near future.

Sending a big HUG from me to you from across the pond

Laura

xxx

Our local ABC news here in Tampa Bay is now reporting that the hurricane has hit Boca Grande and is now starting to go over Punta Gorda. I thought it was still a Cat 4 but they just said it's a Cat 5??? I'm not positive if they have truely upgraded it yet or not. It is a small compact storm and it's moving very fast so that is good.

It just tore the roof off the 2 story hotel where the reporter was giving his report via the phone. He had to hang up to take cover.

The storm surge is going to be right on their heels now.

We are still quiet here in Palm Harbor Just north of Clearwater and South of Tarpon Springs.

They are saying it's going to get worse yet - before it gets better.

my thoughts and prayers are sure with our members, family and friends just south of us.

We are ready to take cover if we must - as we thought we were going to get the direct hit.

I truly believe it is possible she may just scare the hurricane!!! :eek: Seriously my thought are with our good friend and all the others in FL and the islands that are caught in Charley as we speak.

They are reporting substantial damage in Cape Coral - where Sue is - city hall destroyed - hospital with glass out, part of roof off - homes in the area w/o water pressure. Shelters are full - 4000 to 5000 at Cape Coral High School.

This is live right now

Archived