Whale Watch Victoria

Normandie

We have too many things planned in Juneau to squeeze in Capt. Larry's Whale Watch. As we are spending 3 days post-cruise in Victoria, we'd like to try for a whale watch excursion out of there. Does anyone have any suggestions--particularly would a morning or afternoon cruise give us a chance to see more whales?

Here is a tip passed on to me by someone who is in the float plane and whale watching business -call one or two of the float plane operations and ask them if their pilots have seen any whales - the whale watching operators are not always candid about whether they can find whales on any given day and the pilots are better sources of accurate information. But at the worstand no whales are sighted, you will have a wonderful and entertainig boat ride.

Two operators are Hyack Air (250-2411) and West Coast Air (250-388-4521)

I go with Seacoast Expediations the most out of Victoria- they have the seating I like- full back view seat- that I have always been able to snag. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I only take the zodiacs- I like being on the water. BUT these are orca and Juneau will be humpbacks- I am a humpback girl myself so they are my preference ( go on multiday research trips every year out of Gloucester)

Archived