Song of Norway

BUNKERVA,

Well, I have other Royal Caribbean models stowed away in the attic but I'll have to get up there and see what I have.

I do have a Titanic pillbox & two Regency Lines ships on ebay right now, but they are of an old vintage line that went out of business.

I think I had read in Cruise Travel Magazine that the Regent Sea and Regent Sun both sunk on their way to the "breakers" when they were scrapped.

I'll check later to see if I have any other RC ships though.

BUNKERVA,

Well, I have other Royal Caribbean models stowed away in the attic but I'll have to get up there and see what I have.

I do have a Titanic pillbox & two Regency Lines ships on ebay right now, but they are of an old vintage line that went out of business.

I think I had read in Cruise Travel Magazine that the Regent Sea and Regent Sun both sunk on their way to the "breakers" when they were scrapped.

I'll check later to see if I have any other RC ships though.

You have a Titanic pillbox? :)

rcar3.jpg

I found these on another website advertising different cabins for Song of Norway and her sister ships.

Thanks for all your hard work. The one in the middle looks like my honeymoon cabin in 1980.

We cruised on the Song of Norway out of Los Angeles about 16 years ago. I remember she had the green plastic indoor/outdoor carpeting on the pool deck, and the furniture on the deck was lime green and yellow.

The glass wall and doors that went into the lounge was decorated with Gibson Girl Ladies in pinks and beige colors.

I have a model of that ship with her name on the base, that I bought when I was onboard. I'm putting it on ebay next week so please watch for it. :)

Hello sea-cruise, do you still have the Song of Norway model and if so I do not know how to do the E-Bay thing :( You can always find me on the Explorer of the Seas April 25 2008 thread:D Thanks

Carol:)

Hello sea-cruise, do you still have the Song of Norway model and if so I do not know how to do the E-Bay thing :( You can always find me on the Explorer of the Seas April 25 2008 thread:D Thanks

Hi Carol, I have it but it's already listed on ebay. You can see it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230144957154&rd=1&rd=1

Hi Carol, Maybe your computer's browser won't allow you to click on the link and then go straight to the auction page.

Try going to ebay and then search "Song of Norway". You should be able to see it then. Good luck and have a good night. :)

6ee6_1.JPG

Hi Carol! I "borrowed" this off Seacruises link she posted for Ebay so you could see it! LOL!

Suzanne:D

Dec. 1979 cruise cont...

Here are two things you don't see on the ships these days... throwing streamers at sailaway and skeet shooting...

Hi, Nancy,

My first cruise was on Song Of Norway in September of 1979! We were in the middle of TWO hurricanes, David and Frederick. What a week and what an experience! I had a few very scary moments on the cruise but what ended up being my best cruise in many ways. It was an unbelivable voyage, with stories I'll be telling forever and memories I'll have forever, too. It was amazing and what sold me on RCCL.

My first cruise was also on Song of Norway but by then her sky lounge had been removed from the funnel and she had been renamed as Airtours Sundream. That was in 1996 from Southampton ,in England, to the Canary Islands . I sailed on her a further 3 times. Wonder where she is now?

My first cruise was also on Song of Norway but by then her sky lounge had been removed from the funnel and she had been renamed as Airtours Sundream. That was in 1996 from Southampton ,in England, to the Canary Islands . I sailed on her a further 3 times. Wonder where she is now?

Just go back a couple of pages and you'll find the photo history of her I posted and she is still sailing! :)

No, I don't mind. I wish that I knew how to copy and paste pictures directly into my post, instead of through thumbnails.

Donald.

Just right click on any picture and click on copy, than go to your post and right click again and click on paste. It should appear. I never use the insert feature on CC. I just copy and paste right on the post and that's how I get big pictures!! :)

Suzanne

No, I don't mind. I wish that I knew how to copy and paste pictures directly into my post, instead of through thumbnails.

Donald.

IMG_0084.jpg?t=1182657487

This is actually one of my own photo's I took in St. Thomas a couple of weeks ago and I just copied and pasted directly to post. If I had used the insert feature on CC post it would have been a thumbnail. :)

Suzanne

Hi, Nancy,

My first cruise was on Song Of Norway in September of 1979! We were in the middle of TWO hurricanes, David and Frederick. What a week and what an experience! I had a few very scary moments on the cruise but what ended up being my best cruise in many ways. It was an unbelivable voyage, with stories I'll be telling forever and memories I'll have forever, too. It was amazing and what sold me on RCCL.

Hi Lynn,

We had some interesting moments on the SoN, too, but no hurricanes were around. I think it was the night we were cruising by Puerto Rico. The ship was really rocking and rolling. I remember one of the older kids in our "kids' club" telling us it was because we were cruising by the Bermuda Triangle. Being 9 years old at the time, I believed him...

to LynnAB: I lived in Puerto Rico during hurricane David AND Frederick! I was stationed in the Navy there, and I remember VIVIDLY both of those storms. Lots of damage on base and to my off-base home. We were without water/electric for weeks. I remember collecting rain water just to wash up. You go outside in your bathing suit, stand under the gutters, and take a 'shower' with your soap and shampoo!

As you can see from my signature, I sailed on the Song, too. That is what sold ME on being stationed down in the Caribbean. I was stationed in Maine from 77-79, (went on the Caribbean cruises in winters!), and then I got stationed in Puerto Rico from 79-81.

I surely remember the Bon Voyage parties at departure, and the skeet shooting on board.