Horseback riding

HarleyCT

I was just checking out the website that Yukon had about the horseback riding out fit with Southeast tours and it is finally available to viewing! Pretty neat actually - they actually show that cookshack that I was telling everyone about. Lots of information but there looks like there is some stuff they have to finish on that site. Can't wait to go back and visit some day even if I just drive in from Skagway and not go on a horseback ride. Check it out for yourselves. [url="http://www.yukonhorses.com/"]www.yukonhorses.com/[/url] I don't know if I did that right!

Hey, I know of the Yukon horseback, I hear they are a five star of very close to it. My inlaws have taken the tour and raved about it. They booked through Southeast out of Skagway. The tour in was wonderful as well as the service and ride at the camp or ranch was unforgettable. Great vistas all the way and the tour guides were well informed as well.

We are plalnning a trip next year and will be checking it out. We wanted to ge this year but we have a wedding to go to and have to wait. I love the north and want to move up that way some day...I just have to talk the rest of the family into it..

We did this tour last year and really enjoyed it. Our van driver gave us great information on the area and its history. Joni and the girls who helped her were great with the horses. There was a family of four (parents and elementary school aged children) and my husband and me. We all enjoyed the horses and felt very safe.

I was in the Whitehorse area last year and did go on the Horse back riding at the Emerald lake Ranch. the first time I'd been on a horse since I was a child.And it was great,the horse I got was very well trained. We are going back to the Yukon this summer and would love to do the horse back riding again the ranch looks like it would have in the early 1900's. And the view Wow. Harley ct if your going to be in the Yukon at the same time as we are maybe we could go riding together.the middle of june? Email me.

Hello Zillah - I wish I were going up there this summer but it will be a while before I get to go. Have to save some money first. It was great to see the pictures on the website though - it refreshes my memory of the ranch and I envy you. Happy sailing.

We're going in July...and we've already booked Southeast Tours for the Horseback thing for the Skagway port stop...

My older daughter (20) had this as her one shore excursion request...My younger daughter (18) thought this was cool...
My wife is going...reluctantly...
I am going since I thought the pictures on the website were fascinating...and it looked like something that would stand out as an experience from this trip...

Of course, I haven't been on or anywhere near a horse in over 30 years...I guess it IS going to be an experience, huh?

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

Can anyone recommend a horseback riding excursion that it shorter than 6 hours? RCCL offers one that is 3 hrs (Skagway), but there's not much info on it.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
...until Alaska, Radiance Of The Seas

Hello Melissa_A It is the drive in that takes the longest. The scenery is just breathtaking that you just do not want to rush it. They allow time for you take pictures along the way. The ride itself - I believe approx. 2 hours or less if I remember correctly. Anyways there is information on the website I gave. The other horseback ride, Chilkoot...I have not heard much on the boards, other than one lady mentioned that its like a beginner's ride because you ride out on tidal flats in Dyea. She was disappointed. Another lady complained she was mismatched to her horse...that it was four feet across and she was saddle sore. Four feet across sounded like a slight exaggeration but maybe she was a tiny lady with short legs. Who knows! The Southeast Tours gets a lot of praise but like I said I have not read much about Chilkoot on the boards.

Archived