Frederick Sound and Tracy Arm

Cyna

I'll be traveling on Holland America's Amsterdam the last week of June. Our itinerary calls for 4 hours at Frederick Sound and 4 hours at Tracy Arm on the same day. The excursion book doesn't list anything for these ports. This leads me to believe we may not get off the ship at either location.

Can anyone give me information on these spots?

Thanks!

Tracy Arm is just cruising but it has some of the most beautiful scenery that you will see. The icebergs there were spectacular! I don't know about Frederick Sound but I would guess that it is scenic cruising also.

The Tracy Arm is the Fjord you will travel up to see the Sawyer Glacier. The Tracy Arm Fjord is absolutely beautiful. If the ice is to thick you may not get to see the glacier but going in and out of the Fjord is worth the trip. Frederick Sound is another body of water around Juneau that the whale watching tours take you to, to see whales. I have never heard of a cruise ship 'sailing Frederick Sound' except into or out of Juneau. Maybe they are wanting you to know that there will be some beautiful scenery (like all of Alaska) along the way.

Archived