SeaGypsy Emergency

RevNeal

Prayers from Winchester VA. Will be including Patrick and Tija in this Father's Day Mass. Though I haven't met them, I think of the CC group as special people. The surge of prayer is a powerful source of grace.

Blessings,

Gail

Prayers coming your way from the "frozen tundra" - I will add both your names to the memory candle I light each evening. Tija, if it helps you any, DH has been in the same situation as your beloved Patrick; a total mess, had to wait for surgery, and ended up with a sextuple bypass (yes, six grafts - I told you he was a mess). He recovered nicely and is still doing well 10 years later. Please know there are people out here who have never met you who are praying for you and wishing you both the very best.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I have just gotten off the phone with Tija. Patrick is on a Ventilator in the CCU at the hospital, and will be going for open heart surgery on Tuesday. They attempted to effect repairs today during the angioplasty but with 3 major blockages and a leaking valve, they were not able to do so. They've placed him on the Ventilator to take the pressure off his cardiovascular system and give him a chance to rest up before the surgery, and it does appear to be helping.

Tija has asked, specifically, for prayers in this regard from all those who feel comfortable praying, and she particularly appreciates us here. So, please, pray.

When I know more, I will post it on this thread.

Will continue to pray for this family. Not sure how people sustain themselves without prayer. Glad to know there are many other CC'ers who feel the same.

A ventilator is not an end, but a much needed rest for him and his body. As a nurse I know what it can do for someone.

Please let the wife know we are lifting her up for mercy, love and compassion. The sick person is frequently on medications but the loved ones are made sick just surviving the moment by moment in the hospital. My heart goes out to them in sympathy and empathy. Let them know.

Linda

We will be praying for you both, Patrick and Tija.

I went through three hospital visits followed by bypass surgery almost ten years ago, so there is reason to hope with the advances in heart care that have occurred over the last two decades.

Special thoughts coming from Delaware. I've found that watching the pounding surf at the beach or the beautiful sunsets from our backyard are a fantastic time to talk with God about........whatever. I'll add Patrick & Tija to that list.

Greg - aren't they the couple who celebrated a really big one on the SpamDam last year? :)

Archived