Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babyher

Anyone trying this Alli system ????

My Dw just started taking these today. they are supposed to help lose more weight than just dieting alone. Basically it flushes the fat out of your system and tus, you should avoid eating overly fatty foods.

she has read all the precautions and is hoping fopr good effects.

She asked me if I thought it sounded safe.

I said it sounds like a win/win situation to me . If it works, I'll be taking a skinny sexy wife with me on our October cruise.

If it isn't safe , i'll be a widower taking a skinny sexy gilfriend on our october cruise. :)

I can't repeat here what she said to em *LOL*

Yep, I am on the stuff. Took it when it was r/x and was double the streangth. I must be honest, I have lost close to 50 lbs, have been at a stand still for the last few weeks. Statred Alli last week and this week I am happy to report a 4 lb loss! This is the best loss in weeks! Is it because of the Alli or maybe I just got more motivated? Well, I think the Alli helped if nothing else it made me more motivated. I have 50 more lbs to go and I plan to continue to take Alli and see what happens. I have a cruise in less than 2 weeks and even though I plan to keep eating right and exercising, I feel the Alli can not hurt. Let me know what you think...

Kem

I am also using the Alli and am happy to report that I lost 8 lbs in the first week. I know some of that might be water weight, but who cares, the scale sure looked better to me. From what I have read and understand the "treatment effects" only occur if you eat too much fat at a meal. So far I have not had any effects at all. I'm keeping my fat grams to under 15 per meal and watching my snacks too. I hope this keeps working this well. I know that the weight loss will probably slow way down, but at least it's a start to the about 30 lbs I need to lose before our cruise in November.

I've read just about everything I can about Alli and with all the scary stories, I still decided to finally try it. So this Monday I'm going to weigh in and start the pills. My cruise is in Sept. and I'm hoping to drop at least 10 pounds..I will also be exercising! Keep your fingers and toes crossed :-)

Wow! You guys are really having good success. I was comtemplating using thisi system, too. How does it work? For those of you who have had success, what does it do for you?

I lost 18 lbs when it was r/x. I have kept it off for over 2 years because it teaches what you can and can not eat. If you eat too much fat you will have a terrible accident! Be safe and wear a mini pad...just in case. It appears that the average weight loss is 10%. Good luck!!!

Happy to report I've been on Alli for 4 weeks now, with no TE. Still being very careful with total fat grams at my lunch and evening meal. I only drink a no or low-fat milk and instant flavored coffee for breakfast, so I don't take a pill with that. I have lost a total of 14 pounds. Yay, me! Plan to keep this up for at least the next two months and see where I stand then. I didn't register on the Alli site, so I have only been lurking there. It's nice to have positive feedback on this site. I'm only 5' tall so I still need to lose a lot more than I have lost, but will be happy to get back down to a reasonable weight before our cruise in November.

Anyone with questions, I'll try to answer.

cruisingnana:

Did you see any weight loss the first week? I'm on day 3 and I was just wondering when I would see my first weight loss. So far no "TE". I'm also doing what they advised, as to what I eat and I've always exercised a lot.

I belong to Curves and I take a lot of walks. I also love to swim, but working full time, it's hard to find the time to swim. I have a cruise coming up in October (my 41st or 42nd)....kind of lost track. I have a couple of dressy dresses that are fitting too tight that I noticed from our last cruise March of this year, so I'm trying to lose a few pounds so they'll fit better. I'm only 5'4" myself, so I know what it's like to be short. I was always 5'5" my whole life, but a few years ago....because I'm old now...I lost an inch and not where I wanted to lose it...but in my height. I was just wondering when I would notice the difference on my scale. The website said to just weigh once a week, but I'm anxious to see any sign of this working. I'm not going to give up though, and like I said, I'm only on day 3.

Keep us posted as to your success or setbacks and good luck.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

Sparkle 10,

Read my previous post on this thread. I lost 8 pounds the first week! I know it was probably a lot of water weight, but I have lost 2 pounds each week since, for a total of 14 in 4 weeks! I haven't done any exercising yet. I only work part-time as a library assistant (a lot of sit down time). Maybe when it gets a little cooler outside (live in South Texas), I'll start walking. I hope I can lose at least another 20 pounds before our cruise in November.

I just started the Alli program on Monday. I'm excited to see what the scale will read next Monday and will check in for sure to let everyone know how it works. I'm only on day 2 but have had no side affects. I am being VERY careful what I eat and started working out 20 minutes a day.

Hi all- I haven't taken this but had a friend who took the RX strength. DO BE CAREFUL and keep your fat grams low. If you do you won't have any problems. She did fine as long as she didn't do anything stupid. :rolleyes: She just decided to go to a festival and eat every kind of fair food under the sun and, well... let's just say that it wasn't pretty. :eek: Trust me, stick with the low fat plan!

Tami

All of the weight loss products say the same thing primarily: You have to do your part with diet and exercise. Well if you could do it with diet and exercise then you wouldn't need diet drugs to help you lose weight. Just my opinion. I'm on blood pressure meds and don't want to take any weight loss pills. Are any of you out there really losing more weight by taking the pills? I really want to know. I'm not trying to bash diet pills, I just feel like they take your money, but you are the one who has to watch what you eat and do exercise anyway and would you lose the same amount of weight by doing that?

All of the weight loss products say the same thing primarily: You have to do your part with diet and exercise. Well if you could do it with diet and exercise then you wouldn't need diet drugs to help you lose weight. Just my opinion. I'm on blood pressure meds and don't want to take any weight loss pills. Are any of you out there really losing more weight by taking the pills? I really want to know. I'm not trying to bash diet pills, I just feel like they take your money, but you are the one who has to watch what you eat and do exercise anyway and would you lose the same amount of weight by doing that?

I FOUND THIS QUOTE EARLIER ON A WEBSITE ABOUT THE PRODUCT FROM A DR. --

So how much will Alli actually increase your weight loss? According to FDA documents over a six month period you will lose an extra 5.3 to 6.2 pounds for the low cost of $288 to $600, depending on the number of pills taken daily.

That seems like a lot of money for an extra six pounds.

Day 3 and no side affects what so ever. I am keeping my fat grams below what they allow me as I don't want any "surprises". So far no cramps, or anything other side affects..keeping my fingers crossed. I will check in again on Monday when I weigh in to let you know how things are going :-)

Dolphin, I'm happy for you, but I still say old fashioned diet and exercise is what makes you lose.

Dolphin, I'm happy for you, but I still say old fashioned diet and exercise is what makes you lose.

I totally agree with you! I do, however, need a little motivation :-). I figured I could join Weight Watchers and spend $15 a week (I know I have lost on their plan before), or for the same price, get the added benefit of reducing my fat intake. I'm not sure if it will work, but I figured it was worth a shot. I only bought the 20 day supply to test it.

What happens if you don't stick to the low fat, diarrhea? Id like to start it but not sure what all of the side effects could be, also sounds like you must be vigilent in watching your fat content in foods.

What happens if you don't stick to the low fat, diarrhea? Id like to start it but not sure what all of the side effects could be, also sounds like you must be vigilent in watching your fat content in foods.

my friend works at gnc so he knows all about this alli stuff... he said if u dont stick to the low fat diet- you SHOULD NOT take it. anal leakage, diarreah, and unwanted grease secretions from your... well you know.

I have been very vigilent! Day 5 and so far no problems. I actually feel like I am eating WAY more food than I usually do..just better choices! We had a birthday party today at work and since I could not eat the strawberry cheesecake, I ate fat free pudding with strawberries and didn't miss a thing.

Hey guys & girls..lol..I had to let you know that I weighed in today and lost 7 pounds! I'm not sure if its the Alli or just watching what I am eating, but I am a HAPPY CAMPER! Day 7 on the Alli and no side effects what so ever. Even drank beer and ate oysters (my weakness) this weekend. I'm hoping to see a good loss this week. I know the first week is usally alot of water weight, but I'm not complaining!!!

Hey everyone. I started Alli this morning. I am getting married December 8th and we leave for a cruise on the 9th. I am hoping to have lost a lot of weight by that time. I will keep everyone updated with how it goes.

Hey everyone. I started Alli this morning. I am getting married December 8th and we leave for a cruise on the 9th. I am hoping to have lost a lot of weight by that time. I will keep everyone updated with how it goes.

Good luck! From everything I have read, as long as you watch your fat intake, you will be ok. I have been very diligent and have had no problems at all. Here is an example of what I eat a day and I never go hungry!

Breakfast: [/u]1/2 cup high fiber cereal with fat free milk (sometimes I add a slice of potato bread with jam)

Snack: banana or cantaloupe

Lunch: Weight Watchers or Lean Quisine

Snack: cup of fruit or sliced tomatoes & cucumbers

Dinner: Weight Watcher or Lean Quisine, big salad with fat free dressing and 1/2 cup steamed vegetable

Snack: If I'm craving sweets (fat free choc. pudding) If I'm craving salt (pretzels).